Quick Hello While I Fly Back Home

GreenSky

Guru
5000 Post Club
Henderson, NV
I'll be flying from MI back to LA taking off next Tuesday. It will take 2 days and will have to make a bunch of fuel stops on the way.

So, I was hoping to meet a few fellow agents on the way.

My 1st stop is Tues morning in Huntington, IN, then a late lunch in Fulton, MO. I'll drop down to western OK for fuel and maybe spend the night. Then off towards AZ with a stop probably in New Mexico. I'm hoping the last stop is somewhere around Prescott (or farther west if possible).

This is all tentative depending on winds. I may have to stop sooner and change all the plans. (If someone can arrange for some decent tailwinds I'd appreciate it).

Anyone along the way care to say hello while we stop for water, food and fuel? While I can't deviate from the trip too much, if at all possible it would be great to put a face to those who I've insulted on the forum.

Rick

I'll be flying from MI back to LA taking off next Tuesday. It will take 2 days and will have to make a bunch of fuel stops on the way.

My 1st stop is Tues morning in Huntington, IN, then a late lunch in Fulton, MO. I'll drop down to western OK for fuel and maybe spend the night. Then off towards AZ with a stop probably in New Mexico. I'm hoping the last stop is somewhere around Prescott (or farther west if possible).

This is all tentative depending on winds. I may have to stop sooner and change all the plans. (If someone can arrange for some decent tailwinds I'd appreciate it).

Anyone along the way care to say hello while we stop for water, food and fuel? While I can't deviate from the trip too much, if at all possible it would be great to put a face to those who I've insulted on the forum.

Rick

That's a lot of faces! With all those stops, you'll never get home.:laugh:

Don't text while flying.

Rick

Are you doing the entire trip VFR, or do you have an IFR option?

Rick

So basically you are just looking for a free meal at each stop...:skeptical: Glad you are stopping here for breakfast...

Rick,
In regards to the tailwinds couldn't you bring a former poster who was full of hot air to help with the tailwinds?

Alabama 1958

I am only VFR right now but my friend joining me is a commercial pilot/CFI. Flies for SkyWest. So we're going to do some instrument training on the way.

Rick

I once did a trip from north to south across the country after just getting my private license. There was plenty of waiting around due to low ceilings and visibility. Having someone with you that can go IFR as needed is a big plus.

Back