Quick Question About Compliance

mynarky

Super Genius
100+ Post Club
So this low life in Nevada who contacts me through my website says he wants to put as much coverage as he can (on what I believe is his mom) who was just diagnosed with lung cancer and is a smoker. I say that there is no way to coverage underwritten if she was just diagnosed, although technically I should've brought up graded death.

He then says I'm an *** and that he just got 10k worth right after she was diagnosed.

I then explain graded death benefit and how it isn't really coverage. Since he is being a jerk I end the email with the words "no thanks".

He then says:
no thanks??? Eric Smith... you have a life insurance lic....thats means all your info is online, watch yourself, you never know who your messing with online!!!!

I then say:

You already bought coverage on her, there is a limit to how much you can purchase. Graded death is all that's available, which isn't real coverage until two years later. PS. It's probably a bad idea to threaten people via email.

he says:
threaten??? there's nothing like a formal complain letter to the state your licensed with, now the threat is no longer a threat.

now clearly this guy can't write a "formal" complaint letter if his life depended on it, but could I have to answer for choosing not to engage in his business with him? It seems like I have the right to reject doing business with people but I want to make sure this guy has absolutely no leg to stand on.

Please reply quick because I'm about to put my fist through the screen just thinking about this white trash

Keep his emails and not worry about it.

If he files something against you, send the DOI the emails and say, look, I was ethical....it will go away.

You can reject to do business with anyone you chose, there is no law that says you MUST write everyone....

Keep his emails and not worry about it.

If he files something against you, send the DOI the emails and say, look, I was ethical....it will go away.

You can reject to do business with anyone you chose, there is no law that says you MUST write everyone....

Thanks, it's unbelievable how entitled these white trash folk are. Clearly he is just itching to cash in on his unemployed 56 year old, chain smoking, cancer ridden mom.

While I understand your frustration, why didn't you offer to sell him a graded death benefit policy?

Let me help you with the answers....
- He wanted as much as possible.... this doesn't imply a $10-25K policy. Mindset is wrong on your part, but reasonably so.
- He already had a policy, and you know there is a finite limit to how much coverage a person can get in a graded policy.
- A graded policy has that 2 year window. He probably doesn't want to hear about this. He'll complain you didn't explain this later anyway.

Your 'gut' reaction was probably reasonable, but I would suggest you count to 10 before you send those responses. Yes, the DOI MIGHT send a letter asking why you said no thanks, but it probably won't go much beyond that. You'll have to write a response, saying why you 'flagged' this and didn't offer a product.

Dan

It takes two to participate in stupidity like this. Don't play.

Don't respond other to say "sorry I can't help you."

There's no law that requires you to sell anything to anybody if asked. Just as there is no law that requires someone to buy from us because we quoted them.

Don't let it get ya. Any time spent in frustration over someone like this, is a win for them.

Back