Quick Tips that Create Credibility and Build Trust

Brian Anderson

Executive Editor
100+ Post Club
Just posted a new article from John Graham with tips about building credibility and trust. My favorite part of it from #7:

"Customer response is positive when they sense a harmony in salespeople between who they are and what they do. They’re real; they don’t put on an act. And that sends a powerful and persuasive message that dispels doubt and attracts customers. It’s called trust."

You can give it a quick read at the link below, and if you have any tips to help build trust amongst prospects, please share them here.

Insurance Forums | 7 ways to create credibility and establish trust

Interesting. However I didn't see pay an insurance forum to place my ads or make posts about my published articles on there.

Thoughts???

Interesting. However I didn't see pay an insurance forum to place my ads or make posts about my published articles on there.

Thoughts???

Dude it's the way of the world. Get over it.

----------

I used to think that being the best or offering the best products was what it took to make it. Boy was I wrong. That false thought almost cost me everything.

The author has made a point but it is confusing. Go read his whole point and you will see.

Sales is a performance art. A performance science. a craft.

We act when we sell. What we act like is different than who we are to a point. We act in the way that causes people to buy from us. That does not always add up to what people expect from us, especially being insurance salesmen.

So the author is wrong. The great salesmen, and I mean great not good, are always putting on an act. They have a personae. This whole be yourself thing is only partially true. The way I act in front of a prospect is different than the way I act on the forum, at a tailgate, or with my wife.

If I acted in any of those ways in front of a prospect then they wouldn't buy as often as they do now. They would buy as often as they used to which wasn't often.

That being said, whatever personae you take on needs to be believable. Few actors can take on any role. But make no mistake no actor is himself on camera.

Back