Quickest Way To Get Appointed By Carriers

John Horning

I'm a new Life and Health agent wanting to sell Medicare products and looking for advice on the best and quickest way to get appointed by the carriers.

Steps for getting appointed with carriers for Medicare:

1. Make a list of everyone that responds to this forum post with either call me, private message me, I can help, etc. (I'm one of them).
  2. Call everyone on the list, find out how they can help you, what they offer, if they give releases, if they do pre-release agreements, what carriers they offer, how you can climb the commission ladder, etc.
  3. Look out for red flags such as you'll have to sign a contract with us first, we don't do pre-release agreements, leads are free, etc.
  4. Choose the one that best fits your ethics, morals, and gives the best shot in the business and fits within your business model.
I get in tomorrow around 9am EST, feel free to call me.

Exactly what Mr. King said. Great post by the way... It's hard sometimes replying and not blasting the forum with all things holy about your product or your offering.

Can WE help you John? Yes, but we are more of a general all lines P&C and H&L geared offering and it looks like if you want to be specific to Medicare we would be mediocre compared to ones who specialize in just Medicare.

Back