Quote Engine or Not

I had never used Norvax and considered myself decently successful. However, when you're not using tools like this you don't realize how much easier it is to write business.

My mind set was "well I'm making "X" per week so I don't need it." What I was missing was I could make "XXX" per week with less effort.

So if you're cranking along making "$2,000" week without Norvax then I'd put it to you that you can make $3,000 a week with it.

Problem is, when you don't have the proper tools there's no way to tell how much biz you're losing.

Putting a quote engine on you site seems like a dumb move to me, but what do I know.

You've been in the senior market for a long time and have been very, very successful. Do you think you could have achieved that extreme level of success letting seniors go to a website and make their own decisions?
Frank:

I agree with your sentiment but I'm not looking for seniors. I'm looking for younger people (like me and not you) wanting health insurance quotes.

My site currently only has a response form. The quote engine will ask the same questions and will provide me with that information. Also will have an autoresponder to remind people WAY too often that they ran a quote.

It would be better if someone calls me but the quote engine may help. And "why not?"

Rick

I use it as a selling tool. It show my clients when I'm in a desktop share that I'm recommending the stongest plans and keeping them away from plans with limitations.

norvaxdrugskj3.jpg

Quick question to the Norvax owners...

I'm considering getting the Norvax quote engine within the next few months. I'm having two websites created, which will hopefully be completed around July.

Anyway...once you purchase the Norvax system, how long does it take to get it up and running on your sites? Is it hard to configure? Easy to change options. As an example...if you only want to show four companies and just a total of 8-10 plans...but then change that with the next prospect...is that easy to change?

A lot of hours learning the ins and outs or relatively easy?

I use it as a selling tool. It show my clients when I'm in a desktop share that I'm recommending the stongest plans and keeping them away from plans with limitations.

John,

That is the way I would want to use a quote engine, as a selling tool.

Correct me if I'm wrong but you don't let the prospect do that all by themselves on your website do you? If you did, don't you think that most of them would make decisions that were not in their best interest?

Or, are most health buyers very well informed regarding the kind of coverage that is best for them? If they are then they really don't need an agent's help do they?

Quick question to the Norvax owners...

Anyway...once you purchase the Norvax system, how long does it take to get it up and running on your sites? Is it hard to configure? Easy to change options. As an example...if you only want to show four companies and just a total of 8-10 plans...but then change that with the next prospect...is that easy to change?

A lot of hours learning the ins and outs or relatively easy?

Chumps-
I just had Norvax do a complete site for me- one of their templates. Took about 4-5 days to be up and running. If you are just adding their quote engine and broker office to an existing site it will probably take less time.

There is a learning curve to customizing. Relatively easy ? - yes. Time consuming? -at my age, yes! I think it's capabilities are amazing and I regret waiting so long to bite the bullet.

Or, are most health buyers very well informed regarding the kind of coverage that is best for them? If they are then they really don't need an agent's help do they?

No, of course most buyers are not well informed. Some maybe, but certainly not most.

The main reason they shop/buy online is because they don't want to talk to an insurance agent. They may be under the mistaken impression that they can save money buying online, etc.

This has led to the huge, explosive growth of ehealthinsurance.com.

Savvy agents understand that going forward, it's all about referrals, recommendations, etc. - at least if they want to survive.

Bottom line is if one of my prospects does not want to talk to me I at least would like them to apply through my site instead of Ehealth. To date I've had 6 apps go through my site without me speaking to them. Fine....I'll take the commish any day.

This is also ZERO liability on my end - my number to contact is big as day on my site - if they choose a plan on their own and opted not to contact me before purchasing then it's on them - not me.

Back