Quote Engine or Not

Bottom line is if one of my prospects does not want to talk to me I at least would like them to apply through my site instead of Ehealth. To date I've had 6 apps go through my site without me speaking to them. Fine....I'll take the commish any day.

This is also ZERO liability on my end - my number to contact is big as day on my site - if they choose a plan on their own and opted not to contact me before purchasing then it's on them - not me.

I have used Norvax for quite some time, I could count the number of apps that went thru without my help (0) John must be doing something right for only having norvax for a couple of months and completing 6 apps?

Dunno - I just get the email alert when an app is submitted. Crazy. However, most of my leads are exclusive so when I send 'em to my site they're also not talking with a buch of other agents.

Dunno - I just get the email alert when an app is submitted. Crazy. However, most of my leads are exclusive so when I send 'em to my site they're also not talking with a buch of other agents.

Are you talking about this Email with this Header?

Insurance Lead from your Website - Customer Apply Online

Putting a quote engine on you site seems like a dumb move to me, but what do I know. However, if you do then at least make them register with their contact information before they can get a quote

I have a quote engine, have for a couple of years. Before that had links to carrier quote engines (BX, Time, etc.)

The quote engine is much more effective.

I capture data (accurate and not) every time someone runs a quote from my site. I get to pick what they must enter to generate a quote.

Of course if their name is Goofy Dog, their email is [email protected] and their phone is 404-555-5555 I have no way of following up.

So what?

They aren't prospects any way.

I will write least a dozen policies this year, probably more as a result of having a quote engine.

I already have 4 new clients as a result of having a quote engine on my website.

The quote engine allows those who want to check prices without an agent to do so. If they enter correct contact info, they have the option of speaking to me (when I call) or not.

Probably 20 - 30% really do want my help and most of those will end up clients.

I even wrote a few policies last year from folks who never returned my call, responded to emails, but applied online thru my site.

Is it worth the $80/month investment?

Absolutely.

Wouldn't you rather give them enough information to prompt them to make a phone call or send you their contact info rather than letting them think they have all the info they need and then contact someone else to buy their insurance from
?

Yes, but everyone doesn't think like me.

Some want to do their own research without me.

That is their loss.

I don't show any plans I would not sell

I used to think the same, but then I was losing out.

If they don't see a Copay Saver or Right Start on my site, but they see it somewhere else, they (may) think I am trying to only show them the more expensive plans.

So I show them at least some of those options.

In the 2 yrs I have used a quote engine, I have only had 2 people buy a lesser plan.

Both applied direct (thru my links) and never established any dialogue.

One bought a Copay Saver, the other a Humana plan without Rx.

When I am able to establish a dialogue, I point out the difference in the plan they selected and the one I suggest then let them decide.

They always go for the better plan.

for me it's also not wanting the engine to crank out 265 plans. That's not only confusing for them, but hard for me to go through their options when I have to scroll down 34 plans before I find Copay Select.

not wanting the engine to crank out 265 plans

I agree, and I limit the plans I show to half a dozen or more in the proposal but the layout gives them the option of seeing about 150 plans if they desire.

Quotit has (so I am told) about 800 combinations just for Time (out of 3200) but I limit them to 20 or so.

This seems to work when I send a proposal.

When they do to my website and run their own quote they will see 150 plans.

Hopefully they will respond to my call/email and let me sort thru them.

Even if they don't, I send a proposal out to them that only shows a half dozen of the most popular plans.

In a way, I hope they get confused. Makes them more reliant on me.

Very true and good points - if you're not going over why "Right" or "Saver" are not proper for them other agents might be offering those plans without explaining the liablity. Then all the client sees is you're coming in at $240 while their other agents is coming in at $145.

Back