Quotes/Sources For Article About Auto Insurance Rates

Insurance_Writer

Hello everyone!

A quick bit about me: My name is Derek, and prior to starting my writing career, I spent the better part of a decade as a PL underwriter for a large insurance carrier. Today, I'm Senior Editor at HighYa.com, where we help 3,000,000+ monthly readers make more informed purchasing decisions.

Since this is my first post, I can't include URLs. For reference, though, one of my recent insurance-related articles, titled How to Lower Your Car Insurance Cost and Still Have Enough Coverage can be found by searching on HighYa's home page.

A quick bit about what I need: I'm in the process of writing a new article about how much an insured might expect their premium to increase based on different types of activity (minor/major violation, minor/major accident, two violations, two accidents, and so forth).

I know that rate increases like these can be impacted by many factors, so I need to calculate an average for each piece of activity across several different carriers (say, the largest 5 carriers you're appointed with). Clearly, this will be a time-intensive project, which is why I'm casting a broad net here. :)

Or, if you have suggestions about how to make obtaining this information more streamlined, I'm all ears.

In return, I'll be happy to mention you by name and link out to your agency (or whatever your may prefer), which will be read by millions of people.

Is anyone up to the challenge? Feel free to reach out and we'll talk soon. Thanks!

I do not work for an independent agency and can only offer insight into Allstate's rate increases. The factors that impact an increase vary. An accident even one that does not result in a surcharge can result in a loss of a discount regardless of whether the accident was at-fault or not. The premier plus discount can be lost creating a large increase. In addition, discounts diminish over time such as an early signing bonus, a new car discount when the vehicle ages, not paying in full, not having payment drafted automatically, not going paperless and not qualifying for the drive wise discount initially 10% due to driving habits. These are rate increases based upon the individual. Separately, there are rate increases based upon the company as a whole having to pay claims for uninsured motorists, bodily injury, property damage etc. and fraudulent claims. There are many factors that impact rates such as these mentioned and the zip code and territory along with the vehicle and driving history. The challenge is obtaining a good agent to tailor a policy to the needs of the individual. Hope this helps.
QUOTE=Insurance_Writer;1168624]Hello everyone!

A quick bit about me: My name is Derek, and prior to starting my writing career, I spent the better part of a decade as a PL underwriter for a large insurance carrier. Today, I'm Senior Editor at HighYa.com, where we help 3,000,000+ monthly readers make more informed purchasing decisions.

Since this is my first post, I can't include URLs. For reference, though, one of my recent insurance-related articles, titled How to Lower Your Car Insurance Ciost and Still Have Enough Coverage can be found by searching on HighYa's home page.

A quick bit about what I need: I'm in the process of writing a new article about how much an insured might expect their premium to increase based on different types of activity (minor/major violation, minor/major accident, two violations, two accidents, and so forth).

I know that rate increases like these can be impacted by many factors, so I need to calculate an average for each piece of activity across several different carriers (say, the largest 5 carriers you're appointed with). Clearly, this will be a time-intensive project, which is why I'm casting a broad net here. :)

Or, if you have suggestions about how to make obtaining this information more streamlined, I'm all ears.

In return, I'll be happy to mention you by name and link out to your agency (or whatever your may prefer), which will be read by millions of people.

Is anyone up to the challenge? Feel free to reach out and we'll talk soon. Thanks![/QUOTE]

Well, I don't seem to be getting any traction on this. :SLEEP:

Other than contacting each carrier directly, does anyone have any recommendations about how I can obtain these quotes? I appreciate it!

Back