Quoting HO3 Engine or Tools

Peeco99

My agency requires that each quote be manually entered in each carrier's site and that RC also be manually entered in a separate engine. This process is extremely time consuming. Most frustrating is to hear that other agents are generating multiple quotes w/in 15 minutes. Can someone please bring me to the 21st century. What program/ engine/service can anyone please recommend. Changing agency is not an option. I really like this firm and the people are very special.

My agency requires that each quote be manually entered in each carrier's site and that RC also be manually entered in a separate engine. This process is extremely time consuming. Most frustrating is to hear that other agents are generating multiple quotes w/in 15 minutes. Can someone please bring me to the 21st century. What program/ engine/service can anyone please recommend. Changing agency is not an option. I really like this firm and the people are very special.

Ezlynx is a rater people use to rate multiple carriers at one time. It's like $105/month or something like that.

Each carriers MSB is going to be different but the quote saves so just go into that carriers site after using EZlynx and adjust it.

exactly what nyc2phi said!

There are 2 types of raters, those that work offline and those that work online. ezLynx runs online, basically, you enter the info once, it uses your login credentials to obtain quotes from each carrier you setup.

The quote is on the carrier site, so you can go edit the carrier specifics if ezLynx doesn't do it for you automatically, though it gets most stuff.

Depending on where you are and what carriers you use, there are other raters that do similar things.

Dan

You guys are FABULOUS!! Thank you! I'm in Florida. I will look into this service ASAP!! Thank you

Last edited:
I suggest you realign yourself w/ people & processes that make you the most money & not who's "special." That's an insanely backwards process in today's day.

I have never been licensed in FL, so I can't say this with any real first hand knowledge, but I believe the rater to use in FL is semcat (semcat.net)

Semcat is now Applied, so I have no idea how it works. I've never used Semcat, so not a recommendation, just something to look at.

Dan

Insurance 1822 - I know and I guess I knew that as I was writing it. I figure there is no perfect agency, including one run by oneself. The idea is why throw out the baby with the bath water? So if the worst is fixable minor issues with an honest agency - that is not so bad. Time will tell....

Dan, thank you for recommending a second alternative - semcat. I will check them out!

I've found raters to be mostly worthless. The quotes are not accurate, and you will have to go screen-by-screen to get an accurate quote anyway. I use Semcat, which is really just an auto-fill program. You enter the client info once, then bridge to the carrier sites individually. You just click next/next/next while Semcat auto-fills everything. I used raters and found I would spend more time correcting/re-quoting the results than I do using Semcat.

But it still takes time to do, so it's not a perfect solution. Just a better one. There is no silver bullet with quoting. And to prove my point on raters, Semcat is now offering real-time rating with a few carriers for free, but the results are the same. I still have to go into the carriers site to correct the real-time rating quote.

I have used PL rating for auto and that works pretty well.Yes, it does require tweaking once the quote is run but and this does help -most of the client's data has been imported. This eliminates the redundancy of feeling like a data entry person rather than a sales person. Tweaking is better than inputting the same data several times.

I was hoping to find a system for HO but fear most carriers in Florida may not want to play. I will be calling out to a few raters today to see what carriers are available on Ezlynx, Semcat/Allied and IF FSC is available here-it may be only offered in CA. I will repost my findings and hopefully give back to this awesome forum!

Back