Quoting/Illustration Software

shake

Curious to hear opinions on the quoting/illustration software everyone is using. Can you tell me about the different quoting/illustration software you use and the likes/dislikes of the tools?
:goofy:

Any company you deal with is going to provide the software and/or have online capacity for doing illustrations and quotes.

There isn't really a "software" that can handle something that is specific to each company, unless you are talking about doing generic things like IRA stretch illustrations.

Any company you deal with is going to provide the software and/or have online capacity for doing illustrations and quotes.

There isn't really a "software" that can handle something that is specific to each company, unless you are talking about doing generic things like IRA stretch illustrations.

+1

Although I do have to say, for Life, Winflex will allow multiple carriers, but it probably isn't the most intuitive software.

I've ran a million illustrations for probably every insurer, and I've always liked the ING software. It's just flat out nice to use, and you can illustrate atypical scenarios (i.e. configurations for premium financing) with relative ease.

The worst I've consistently used is the TransAmerica software, they obviously don't feel the need to bring their software out of the 80's! :D

But like Charpress says, everyone has their own stuff, and for the MOST part they're all the same. Only when you start getting into atypical premium stream configurations will you notice just how good the software is.

And also, if you really mean illustrations that a particular company will honor, it will obviously have to be the company's own illustration.

For example, if I want to sell a Lincoln policy to someone I suspect will maybe get preferred non-smoker, I may do an illustration at standard to be safe. If the client wants to go ahead and apply based on the illustration, Lincoln will honor the illustration as a firm "quote" assuming the underwriting works out. Needless to say, Lincoln will not care about some other software or quote that did not come from them.

Back