Quoting System Question

marlese

I have been browsing this forum for several months now and finally decided on the CSG quoting system for my website. I just noticed that on the bottom of the quoting system it says "Powered by Free Medicare Report".

If a client clicks on this link they are then forwarded to CSGs website. This will then lead the client to filling out a quote on THEIR website. This lead is NOT filtered back to the original website owner according to their customer service department. They use this lead as their own.

I find this deceptive seeing that I am paying for this service and they should not have this advertisement on the quoting form. Does anyone know of a more comparable quoting engine that can be used for websites? I will only need a Medicare Supplement quoting form.

I don't have a quote engine on any of my websites. Just finding a price for a supplement does not help if someone can't qualify.

Why not drop the quote engine and simply have a response form? Gives you an opportunity to explain the benefits of plans other than F and potentially cross sell.

When left on their own, people tend to choose poorly. Typically they haven't graduated from "Insurance School."

Rick

In my opinion, I think that CSG's Medicare Supplement quote engine is the most reliable and best out there. I totally agree with Rick in that I would NOT have a link for CSG's quote engine on your website. Instead I would have a button on your website for "Request a Quote" where they put in their contact information. This way you can have a more personalized interaction with the prospect and they don't use you to get company quotes.

There can be complications when people are looking for a Medicare Supplement such as do they have Medicare Part A & B, health issues, enrollment times, etc. that people don't know about. You can still use CSG's website to do comparisons and see which plan would be the best for your client.

I have had a quote engine for years and love it. Yes, people left to their own devices almost always make the wrong choice.

Not my problem.

Most people looking on the web want information, they don't want to talk to someone and sure as heck don't want an agent in their home.

The more information I can provide visitors to my site the better chance they have to get to know me.

More often than not the sites that have a request form are on a lead gen site where the visitors information is sold multiple times and the phone rings off the hook. Most people don't pay attention to the site and can't distinguish one from another. Some sites look like carrier sites, others like govt sites.

Can't tell you how many times I have talked to people and thanked them for visiting my site. Their response almost always is, which one was yours?

The CSG quote engine is hands down the best one out there but the way they route leads back to them before sending to me is not appealing. They are not an agency and AFAIK are not selling these leads, but I would probably use their quote engine if the setup was different.

FWIW all the quote engines I have seen and used (except CSG) have a built in database and back office where you can review your leads.

I have had a quote engine for years and love it. Yes, people left to their own devices almost always make the wrong choice.

Not my problem.

Most people looking on the web want information, they don't want to talk to someone and sure as heck don't want an agent in their home.

The more information I can provide visitors to my site the better chance they have to get to know me.

More often than not the sites that have a request form are on a lead gen site where the visitors information is sold multiple times and the phone rings off the hook. Most people don't pay attention to the site and can't distinguish one from another. Some sites look like carrier sites, others like govt sites.

Can't tell you how many times I have talked to people and thanked them for visiting my site. Their response almost always is, which one was yours?

The CSG quote engine is hands down the best one out there but the way they route leads back to them before sending to me is not appealing. They are not an agency and AFAIK are not selling these leads, but I would probably use their quote engine if the setup was different.

FWIW all the quote engines I have seen and used (except CSG) have a built in database and back office where you can review your leads.

Which ones did you like the best?

Thanks for the input. I decided to get rid of the quoting system and have them contact me.

I use JHP for the client side, CSG for my own use to send out proposals (but rarely with their format).

Latest posts

Back