Quotit Can BiteIt

GAMAN

Georgia
Very frustrating...Quotit now says they won't have rates go live for several carriers until Friday, at the earliest. I commented on this on another thread, but I need to know if anyone has a solution.

For now, I'm going directly to the carriers that have the best rates and sending quotes directly from their site(s).

Is there any other service (besides using ehealthinsurance) where I can run comparison quotes for OFF-Exchange plans to send to my clients? I can't go with Norvax for another week or so.

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated!

1 Health Sherpa
2 ACA Express
3 Norvax
4 Quotit
5 Maybe Value Penguin, but there have been questions about accuracy

6 Direct to carriers like you said, when you know which carrier the client wants, and if that carrier website is working at the time!

7 Manual rate tables

8 A combination of the above options

We are all in the same boat!

Quotit (and presumably Norvax as well) have lost a lot of clients (agents) this year. Not so much due to lack of service but few people need (or want) to spend $150/mo+ and only write business 3 months out of the year.

I know I don't and that is why I dropped Quotit in June after a 6 year marriage.

Thank you Ann and Somarco for your input! I am going to ditch quotit at some point, probably in January. In the meantime, it would be nice to have the ability to quote off-exchange. Sherpa has been nice for on-exchange.

same situation with me for off-HIX quotit...blues won't be live until 12/1/14 and Humana/Coventry won't be live until 11/21. Is this a problem with Quotit or the carriers?

For some reason Quotit has always been slower than Norvax when it comes to uploading new rates, plans, etc.

They used to have issues with carriers, notably Golden Rule.

I continued using them because their customer side interface was (and still is) superior to Norvax. They were also quicker to fix broken things than Norvax. Quotit's broker CRM was much better than Broker Office.

The only reason I stopped was listed above.

This is not an advertisement for them. I believe very few brokers will realize a true value by paying 12 months for something you only need for 3.

There used to be a couple of FMO's that lurked around here and had a "free" quote engine if you contracted with them. Can't recall who they are. Don't know if they are still in business.

The 9 or so months I spent tied to Quotit were beyond frustrating....

I signed up 8/2013....cancelled 5/2014, I believe....

The interface on the customer side was OK but they never had all of my OFF exchange carriers. Many functions of their janky CRM required Internet Explorer to function properly. Total Fred Flintstone platform. Perfect solution for the average agent still operating on Windows 95 or XP.

Funny, I've used them for 7 to 10 years (can't remember). I don't use their CRM or any other features other than the OFF exchange rater. I like the agent presentation, which is in spreadsheet format. It's the only Quote Engine/WBE that I know of that puts it in spreadsheet format for the agent. Of course, the customer facing presentation is in typical low-to-high premium order like hc.gov or ehealth or any other quote engine. I figure it's a nice back-up now, and only costs me $79 per month. I will agree that the Internet Explorer problem was aggravating, but they have fixed that now. And, they only have half the carriers' rates loaded, which is doubly frustrating. I will probably drop it sometime soon, but for now, it's a nice back-up.

Back