Radio Ads

Final expense.

I am looking for an easier way to find those people who have junk policies that are easy to replace (LH, Phys Mut, Globe, AIL, etc). I've noticed a lot of my clients listen to conservative talk radio so I'm wondering if any of them would respond to a radio ad.

I've never tried it myself but I recall this topic being discussed before. From I remember it didn't go well to the ones that have tried it.

For branding? Maybe. I really doubt they're going to sit down and take a number to call you about life insurance. I could be 100% wrong, but as far as marketing methods go I think radio is tough for final expense. I think it works for auto with geico and progressive because folks already know those brands and so it's more of a nudge than opening a dialogue.

The big thing now is talk radio personality endorsements. Both Glen Beck and Dave Ramsey are doing local advertising spots for clients. I'm sure these guys are charging big bucks for this! You might find smaller local celebrities willing to charge less.

I think the only way to do this successfully is directing them to a free report available to your website or a PURL. Just having a call to action to your toll free number is not enough anymore, unless your spending money just for branding. I think more people are willing to check out a website than pick up the phone to call.

Last edited:
The big thing now is talk radio personality endorsements. Both Glen Beck and Dave Ramsey are doing local advertising spots for clients. I'm sure these guys are charging big bucks for this! You might find smaller local celebrities willing to charge less.

I think the only way to do this successfully is directing them to a free report available to your website or a PURL. Just having a call to action to your toll free number is not enough anymore, unless your spending money just for branding. I think more people are willing to check out a website than pick up the phone to call.

I tried the radio ad thing. Did it for 8/day for 90 days at a cost of $2000 during the Glenn Beck show. Did not receive a single phone call. I did however get about 30 hits to my website...but still no responses even from that. I agree...if your purpose is branding, then I believe this will help a little. But if you're looking for phone calls...then there are far less costly ways of doing it. My bread and butter is still Telemarketing and Direct Mail leads. That's the tried and true method.

Birdman,

If you got 30 hits on your website, maybe the problem is with the website/landing page.

Do you have enough visitors to justify doing a re-targeting campaign? Never have done one myself but it makes a lot of sense for your visitors to see your ad pop up after they leave your site.

I do agree radio is best for branding and not for making the phone ring.

Back