Radio advertising

We had about 200 radio ads played in Texas today

Zero calls

They are tracked through a special toll free number

I am not giving up on radio just yet but I am burning money figuring this out.

If you want to do radio there is one way to do it IMO and that is to do an informative show with regular call ins from consumers and advertise on that same station. This puts you in a place of being the expert and being an authority on the subject. People will trust you and seek you out.

Case and point, the The Mutual Fund Store®/Adam Bold/fee-based investment advisor/no-load and load-waived mutual funds has done exactly that. Who ever thought someone could gather investment funds over the radio with a retail location in strip malls? These guys do it with their expert talk show host who discredits various investing strategies and touts his mutual fund selections.

My only question is this: Is health insurance something people would want to talk about on the radio?

My only question is this: Is health insurance something people would want to talk about on the radio?
Short answer - NO

We presented this idea to several stations and they basically laughed at us. Remember 85-90% of people get their insurance through work which is dictated out of their hands and the people that "call in" are usually angry about claims or medical pre -ex

Short answer - NO

We presented this idea to several stations and they basically laughed at us. Remember 85-90% of people get their insurance through work which is dictated out of their hands and the people that "call in" are usually angry about claims or medical pre -ex

Confirms what I already was thinking.

When I was in retail sales I has the most success with newspaper advertising. I tried radio, billboards, and cable and they all sucked and did not produce a direct response of any kind. They work well for big budgets and a very long term outlook on branding your company, but that is about it.

Back