Radiused Mailings ............

Are you talking about doing mailings such as "I just saved your neighbor $452 on his insurance" type of thing for everyone within a mile or so of your last sale?

I've never done them, but it would seem like its a practical way to target a carriers preferred client type. A carrier tends to do well in some areas and by targeting an area you just sold to, I would think you are targeting that carriers stronger prospects.

Mailings are tough, but, they still work pretty consistently. Anything to help focus the mailing into likely areas of success seems valid to me.

Dan

I'm still having luck with mailings for home x dates. It takes time and isn't a get rich quick program for sure, but it produces results. The key is to really focus in on specific zip codes and areas that you are competitive.

I'm in Michigan and the most difficult part is dealing with the insurance scores and finding a way to send out a fairly accurate simulated quote.

I wonder this too, we have tried all kinds of mailings. We have probably sent out several thousand the last few months. We have changed up the letters, I even have an office person jot a quick personal note and highlight certain things to make it personal. We have tried generic too. I know the rates are good. But one example we did is a renter mass mailing a 350 unit apartment building with a $65 yp where they just had a home invasion and getting nada.On a funny note, I got a check back with my quote from a mailing we did. No phone number, just a quote for Valued Homeowner with their address. Was for the yearly premium with Inv # Valued Homeowner in the memo line. I just stared at it, wth do I do? Then she calls all po'd. She said my mailing made it look like I bought American Family and she had to pay me that invoice. She called American Family and I guess they informed her I had not acquired their company so I am a big jerk. And might I add they were way higher than me but she is staying put.

Back