Random Questions on Business Card Preferences

undisclosed

Expert
1. Do you include your ZIP+4 or just the first 5 digits?

2. Do you put your suite number (if you have one) on the same line as the street name and number, or do you give it its own line?
2a. If you put it all on one line, do you include a comma between the street and suite? (e.g. 123 Sesame Street Suite 456 or 123 Sesame Street, Suite 456?)

3. Do you include your insurance license # on your business cards?

4. Do you include your middle initial?
4a. If so, with or without a period after it?

5. For your phone number, do you put the area code in parentheses, use all dashes, use all dots (e.g. 555.123.4567), or other?

I am aware that these pretty much come down to personal preference (except for maybe #3 if some states/companies require its inclusion), and I'm not asking for advice on my own personal cards. I just ordered a new batch and it got me curious as to the preferences of others.

*edit* Thought of another...

6. Do you use your state's abbreviation in the address, or spell it out?

Last edited:
Serious question.

Does anyone actually care?

If you are handing your card to someone, and your business card is more important to them than the person standing in front of them, you have a serious problem.

I agree. I know some people who do very well for themselves and don't even have business cards as they believe they'd just end up either in the trash or lost in the middle of a stack of random business cards. Again, these questions are purely for curiosity's sake.

Okay, I'll bite:

1. Do you include your ZIP+4 or just the first 5 digits? First 5 digits

2. Do you put your suite number (if you have one) on the same line as the street name and number, or do you give it its own line?

It's own line. (Company printed... so it's not like I have much of a choice.)

2a. If you put it all on one line, do you include a comma between the street and suite? (e.g. 123 Sesame Street Suite 456 or 123 Sesame Street, Suite 456?) N/A

Yes, due to California DOI regulations.

4. Do you include your middle initial? Yes.
4a. If so, with or without a period after it? With a period.

5. For your phone number, do you put the area code in parentheses, use all dashes, use all dots (e.g. 555.123.4567), or other?
dashes.

I am aware that these pretty much come down to personal preference (except for maybe #3 if some states/companies require its inclusion), and I'm not asking for advice on my own personal cards. I just ordered a new batch and it got me curious as to the preferences of others.

Abbreviation

Okay, I admit that I only read the 1st couple of questions before deciding to respond. Business cards only contain contact information... it's not like they will actually sell a policy for me. Sheesh!

I figure that the card is for them to be able to contact me. That is it. A lot of my clients are grey beards like me so I have my name, toll free # and email in bold.

Most people do not care about the card. I had one guy that I door knocked years ago fold the card and start picking his teeth. I always send him a fresh one with my renewal letter.

5+4

Only my PO Box

2a. If you put it all on one line, do you include a comma between the street and suite? (e.g. 123 Sesame Street Suite 456 or 123 Sesame Street, Suite 456?)

Yes

No

Dashes

Abbreviation

I don't have my address on my card.

I don't have my address on my card.

Yes.

I do not.

I do not.

Does not apply to me.

Excellent question, (xxx)xxx-xxxx.

No state listed.

DAMN, if you cant figure this info out, then you wont make it in this business........

Learn how to make a decision........on your own.

DAMN, if you cant figure this info out, then you wont make it in this business........

Learn how to make a decision........on your own.

I agree. I know some people who do very well for themselves and don't even have business cards as they believe they'd just end up either in the trash or lost in the middle of a stack of random business cards. Again, these questions are purely for curiosity's sake.

kthx

I can't figure out how to embed youtube videos, but this conversation reminds me of this:

Edit: OK, so when I DON'T try to embed it, it embeds itself... <shrug>
2nd Edit: Embedding doesn't work for that video anyway, they make you watch it at youtube... <sigh>

Last edited by a moderator:
Back