Rank These In Order of Priority.....

NewHealthStrategies

Super Genius
100+ Post Club
I'm going to ask a serious question:

We all would nod in agreement that MOST people we deal with have only so much disposable income to buy insurance and invest for retirement... so with that being said, IN WHAT ORDER WOULD YOU PRIORITIZE the following risk concerns for the average Joe out there:

Life Insurance
Health Insurance
Disability Insurance
Retirement Planning (IRA, 401(k), ROTH, etc.)
Umbrella policy
(We'll assume that homeowners/auto are mandated, so leave 'em out)
Long-Term Care

I'm not even going to consider adding "Critical Illness, Dental and Accident Plans" Let's just play in the majors for now!

In What Order SHOULD they be most important to your client/prospect!??? And no screaming-mimi responses from you yahoo's that will be inclined to talk about "needs analysis" and "sitting-down-with-a-client to "discuss" their goals....... EVERYONE (ok, the vast majority) face these issues, so let's KEEP IT IN GENERAL TERMS!!!!!

Sorry, but everyone doesn't face the same issues. If you're single and have no debt or dependents, life insurance doesn't help you. If you have no assets and no job, health insurance is provided by the government. Etc., etc., etc. Give us a better idea of the situation and a better answer will apply.

I'm going to ask a serious question:

We all would nod in agreement that MOST people we deal with have only so much disposable income to buy insurance and invest for retirement... so with that being said, IN WHAT ORDER WOULD YOU PRIORITIZE the following risk concerns for the average Joe out there:

Life Insurance
Health Insurance
Disability Insurance
Retirement Planning (IRA, 401(k), ROTH, etc.)
Umbrella policy
(We'll assume that homeowners/auto are mandated, so leave 'em out)
Long-Term Care

I'm not even going to consider adding "Critical Illness, Dental and Accident Plans" Let's just play in the majors for now!

In What Order SHOULD they be most important to your client/prospect!??? And no screaming-mimi responses from you yahoo's that will be inclined to talk about "needs analysis" and "sitting-down-with-a-client to "discuss" their goals....... EVERYONE (ok, the vast majority) face these issues, so let's KEEP IT IN GENERAL TERMS!!!!!

1. Health Insurance
2. Retirement Planning IRA/401(k)/Roth/SEP/Etc.
3. Life Insurance
4. Umbrella
5. DI
6. LTCi

Last edited:
Health Insurance
Health Insurance
Health Insurance
Health Insurance
Health Insurance
Health Insurance
Health Insurance
Health Insurance
Health Insurance
Health Insurance
Health Insurance
Health Insurance
Health Insurance
Health Insurance
Health Insurance
Health Insurance
Health Insurance
Health Insurance
Health Insurance
Health Insurance
Health Insurance
Health Insurance
Health Insurance
Health Insurance
Health Insurance
Health Insurance
Health Insurance
Health Insurance
Health Insurance
Health Insurance

Health Insurance
Health Insurance
Health Insurance
Health Insurance
Health Insurance
Health Insurance
Health Insurance
Health Insurance
Health Insurance
Health Insurance
Health Insurance
Health Insurance
Health Insurance
Health Insurance
Health Insurance
Health Insurance
Health Insurance
Health Insurance
Health Insurance
Health Insurance
Health Insurance
Health Insurance
Health Insurance
Health Insurance
Health Insurance
Health Insurance
Health Insurance
Health Insurance
Health Insurance

1. Health Insurance
2. Retirement Planning (IRA, 401(k), ROTH, etc.)
3. Disability Insurance
4. Life Insurance
5. Long-Term Care
6. Umbrella

This is all situational...

Its impossible to lay out a list like this and pass it off as "law" because everyone's needs are different.

1. Life Insurance - because no one knows when your final day on Earth will come along. I rank this first because of the crisis that a widow, widower, or surviving children could face at any moment. The survey results are in and its final, one out of one will die.

2. Health Insurance - Without health insurance, people will not receive the proper care for issues which will effect their longevity and quality of life.

3. Disability Insurance - This is my #3 because not everyone shares equal risk at disability because of the wide variety of daily activities. Also, I think that while we can't control internal sickness and other medical issues, we CAN reduce careless risks that would result in a disability.

4. Retirement Planning (IRA, 401(k), ROTH, etc.) - This is further down my list because everyone should make at least a minimal practice of saving out of every income dollar.

5. Long Term Care - This is my #5. In my opinion, there are worse things than ending up in a nursing home on medic-aid. Yes, your money and possessions will likely be gone. But, at least you will have a roof over your head and 24/7 care.

Back