Rank These In Order of Priority.....

1. Retirement is so far ahead of anything else on this list it isn't even close.

2. Life if you have a family

3. DI

4. Health

Everyone else said health. Why? I keep paying a ton of money for health that I end up paying all my own stuff from my HSA from.

Everyone else said health. Why? I keep paying a ton of money for health that I end up paying all my own stuff from my HSA from.

try getting cancer and then we will talk.....

Free Preview - WSJ.com
Cash Before Chemo: Hospitals Get Tough

LAKE JACKSON, Texas -- When Lisa Kelly learned she had leukemia in late 2006, her doctor advised her to seek urgent care at M.D. Anderson Cancer Center in Houston. But the nonprofit hospital refused to accept Mrs. Kelly's limited insurance. It asked for $105,000 in cash before it would admit her.

1. Retirement is so far ahead of anything else on this list it isn't even close.

2. Life if you have a family

3. DI

4. Health

Not that retirement isn't an issue, but . . . how does one fund their retirement if ...

They can't pay their bills because they are unable to work and do not have DI?

Or, if they are forced to liquidate their retirement fund to pay medical bills not covered by a solid health insurance plan?

If you have a family, and die long before you make it to retirement, how far will that $20k in your 401k go?

I'm guessing you are a financial/retirement planner who doesn't pay much attention to asset protection.

A good true/pure own occ/residual DI policy if you can get one.
as income makes everything else possible...

And I'm talking about the ones that only require a physican's care(not constant), not hospitalization, not missed work, not only certain situations. I'm talking about the kind that I have, and have used in the past. The one that is hard to get because the carrier has to pay...

yea, that's it.

If u get sick how ya gonna pay the premiums on life, retirement, di.. bla bla..... the number one answer is health insurance, period... end of thread

But then, if you get sick, how are you going to pay the premiums on your health insurance? You actually made the case for disability insurance.

I'm not talking about out of work 2 weeks sick, neither were you, I think we're both talking out of work for months, maybe longer.

Dan

try getting cancer and then we will talk.....

Free Preview - WSJ.com
Cash Before Chemo: Hospitals Get Tough

LAKE JACKSON, Texas -- When Lisa Kelly learned she had leukemia in late 2006, her doctor advised her to seek urgent care at M.D. Anderson Cancer Center in Houston. But the nonprofit hospital refused to accept Mrs. Kelly's limited insurance. It asked for $105,000 in cash before it would admit her.

Let's all hope that the AFLAC policy holders get cancer so their money won't be wasted! See.... there is HOPE?!

I agree with Dan. I would put DI at the top of the list because your income is a #1 priority that makes all else posible. Then comes health insurance. IMO this is true whether married or single. If married with children I would make life insurance #3. If possible, I would make retirement cuncurrent with life insurance or #3 if single. Last would be LTCI.

I agree with Dan. I would put DI at the top of the list because your income is a #1 priority that makes all else posible.

good luck making a living selling that......the PEOPLES #1 priority is health insurance.....

Both DI & health are equal in my mind . . . to a point.

Health is the easier sale, although most folks never envision themselves having a major illness or accident. At least they see the need for health insurance.

DI is more of a challenge. The so-called "living death".

A lot of progress has been made in the last few years and folks are back at work a lot quicker. Not diminishing the need for DI, but the days when someone had a heart attack and had to take 6 months off to recuperate are pretty much gone (unless you have a highly physical job).

I know folks with NWML that do very well selling DI. The sale is mostly to white collar, high earners.

You know . . . Republicans.

Back