Rant about Unicare

joshril

Guru
1000 Post Club
I'm going to stop selling these guys... All they do is complicate my life. If I need something done... transferred to another department.. then transferred back to the original department...

I have a client that we have faxed an APS for 3 times, and they still don't show it. (I do have fax confirmations... they went through)

I called to check status on another client and they told me that they received the medical records I had faxed in for the client... I tell the client that everything looks good and we're pending a decision... Well, those nimrods call the client the same day and tell her she needs to send in medical records that are pending... Then I get a call from the client saying, "We need to talk..."

They pay slow... they're unprofessional.... getting a billing issue resolved is a nightmare...

Simply put... I'm done!!!
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
I know Joe's going to say, "I've been telling you this..."

Last edited:
I just have not had that happen... in my view they offer the best product out ther now with the enhanced fit plan.... rates went up her in dallas... but still best product, they have more sizzle than the other guys...

yes, they are the slowest to issue of anyone on the market... a pain in the are when it comes to ordering stuff.... but sorry for your troubles... have u tried calling your marketing rep at unicare and screaming at her or him.. i do that all the time, she hates hen she answers and heres its me on the other end..lol

I just have not had that happen... in my view they offer the best product out ther now with the enhanced fit plan.... rates went up her in dallas... but still best product, they have more sizzle than the other guys...

yes, they are the slowest to issue of anyone on the market... a pain in the are when it comes to ordering stuff.... but sorry for your troubles... have u tried calling your marketing rep at unicare and screaming at her or him.. i do that all the time, she hates hen she answers and heres its me on the other end..lol

I should gripe to him... I agree that the product is the best out there with the Enhanced FIT plans...

It's sad they have the best product, but pay slow (and low) and underwrite slow...

Why are you sending them these cases? Anyone who needs APS, good luck getting that issued or issued w/o restriction and or rate ups.

Their u/w is very fast if you know the process and follow it. The reality is if you are getting APS the odds of APS issuing preferred is very slim maybe you are putting the business in the wrong spot.

agree tx, but sometimes it happens... if a client has the most slight of condition i most times move on to another carrier, but sometimes it happens and i know it does to u to..... based on their current rating structure and restrictive underwriting they are getting less of my biz.. but the product is tops in texas based on bennies

family plans do not get issued quickly.. my avg family, 45 m/f 2 kids.... thats 3 weeks to a month or longer right there at least 60% time with almost clean app

Last edited:
I received a mail and letter that the enhanced products are being discontinued from 12/31/08 for financial reasons. there will be no renewal of all enhanced and enhanced pls with Unicare nationwide so goodbye to all my renewal commissions.Your clients already got letters to the effect you are supposed to call your clients and see if they'll like to change to another company. Unicare will also try to offer them another product with unicare if they agree you'll continue to receive renewals on that product otherwise return to original medicare.Unicare is very client friendly I've had no problems with them but payment is slow,so slow it slowed down my production this year I'll write them only if highly neccessary.I have not seen it but my fmo said that their co pays for 2009 is very high.
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
this is all about medicare advantage so the above will not apply to med supp

Last edited:
I received a mail and letter that the enhanced products are being discontinued from 12/31/08 for financial reasons. there will be no renewal of all enhanced and enhanced pls with Unicare nationwide so goodbye to all my renewal commissions.Your clients already got letters to the effect you are supposed to call your clients and see if they'll like to change to another company. Unicare will also try to offer them another product with unicare if they agree you'll continue to receive renewals on that product otherwise return to original medicare.Unicare is very client friendly I've had no problems with them but payment is slow,so slow it slowed down my production this year I'll write them only if highly neccessary.I have not seen it but my fmo said that their co pays for 2009 is very high.

I would like to see the letter.

There is a significant amount of time and money to get those plans approved, and claims I would doubt have started pouring in yet. It should also be noted the Enhanced plans are only in Texas right now.

I am not saying this is not possible, but at this time it seems unlikely to be true. Something is mixed up.

Also Unicare does not have FMO's on individual.

Back