Rated up for being in to good of shape?

Golddoor

Guru
100+ Post Club
Texico
I had a client of mine whom I wrote an app for with Unicare and he in 6'1 240 pounds and all muscle with not a inch of fat any where and yet they rated him up as obese. Now what do I tell the client? Im sure he is going to tell me to take the policy and shove it you know where. Ahhh the crazy world of insurance companies!!

Golddoor said:
I had a client of mine whom I wrote an app for with Unicare and he in 6'1 240 pounds and all muscle with not a inch of fat any where and yet they rated him up as obese. Now what do I tell the client? Im sure he is going to tell me to take the policy and shove it you know where. Ahhh the crazy world of insurance companies!!

You might want to call and recheck that.....here is the H/W GUIDE....

HT.jpg

Ok I get it. they rated him as overweight not obese but he also smokes so they gave him a 40% rate up from both the weight and tobacco.

Golddoor said:
Ok I get it. they rated him as overweight not obese but he also smokes so they gave him a 40% rate up from both the weight and tobacco.

CHUCHING......I would write him with Aetna.....they do not rate for smokers.....

I looked on the rate sheet and could not find it... I called underwriting and also have about 200 cases with Aetna.... they have always reted up for smoking and they said they rate up for smoking in Texas.... but I'm leaving town so dont have time to jack with it

Back