Rating Posts/threads

briko3

Guru
1000 Post Club
Is there a way we can set up a rating system for posts/threads. The reason I ask if for 2 reasons. First, I've been reading a lot of people on here complaining about where the forum is going. Second, a lot of people are getting frusterated with new people asking the same questions as have been asked multiple times before.

I feel like the problem is that the new people are looking for answers and find threads that are off topic, and don't answer with good information.

If there was a way we could rate threads based on the content covered and having good information, I believe we could solve both problems. Then if someone wanted to find a script (like every new person does) they could look at 5-star threads and ignore the 2 star ones.

So is that possible, and if it is, would you guys be up for it?

I just voted your thread a "five star" post :)

Look just above your post - you'll see a "rate thread" button, and it's very rarely used. Personally, I miss our little reputation boxes more than I wish the stars were more often used.

Ha...there it is! I wish everyone would use it then! Is there a way to sort by ranking when looking at results? Now THAT would be handy :)

All of Chumps posts deserve 5 stars. Sam should should issue a blanket 5 star rating to all of Chumps posts so we don't have to bother rating them. It would save us time.

Back