Ratios from Calls to Applications for Individual Health

COInsguy

Guru
100+ Post Club
I wanted to see what other agents selling Individual Health have for a typical sales ratios. The last two weeks I've been tracking very closely what my results have been so that I can better predict my business.

From Calls Made to Getting a Fact Finder I'm at 15% of those I've closed 52% now I suspect that these numbers will go down a bit as I've had my pipeline spill over a bit this week and have had a great week but want to see how this stacks up and where others might be getting more people on the phone or returning calls and why.

You do a fact finder 15 times out of 100 calls?

Damn, that real good. I might get 10-15 contacts out of 100 calls. 2-3 appts out of 10-15 contacts and 1 sale for 2-3 appts.

That's been my numbers since I started keeping a close track of them. It's been the only area of my business I haven't really measured very closely. I do 90% phone sales so don't have to factor in the appointment ratio.

I also think that when I look back at this over a 2 month period it will be lower than where I'm at now, had a decent week for the effort I put in and wrote 8 apps so far and hopefully 2 more before the week is out. While I'd love to say this is my average production I'm not there yet!

Over a 3 year period, for me it boiled down to 50 business owner contacts (not dials) = 1 placed health insurance sale (at least for IFP).

Further break down:

1 out of 10 contacts became an immediate lead entering my sales cycle

1 out of 5 placed within the first year (most within two months)

Over a 3 year period, for me it boiled down to 50 business owner contacts (not dials) = 1 placed health insurance sale (at least for IFP).

Further break down:

1 out of 10 contacts became an immediate lead entering my sales cycle

1 out of 5 placed within the first year (most within two months)

this has gotta been on the phone...not face to face walk ins....right?

coinsguy

I'm a bit lost. Are you saying for every 100 numbers dialed you perform a "fact find" on 15 of them and close around 8? So if you dialed 100 numbers per day you're putting in 40 apps a week?

coinsguy

I'm a bit lost. Are you saying for every 100 numbers dialed you perform a "fact find" on 15 of them and close around 8? So if you dialed 100 numbers per day you're putting in 40 apps a week?

missed this thread for a bit here....

Here's what my numbers look like exactly for the last month:

Out of 259 Calls I had 54 Fact Finders Submitted 28 apps pacing for about 80%-85% placement which is my norm.

So I had 20% Phone to Fact Finder and 50% close ratio

I'll add that, while I work shared leads from a few vendors & exclusive leads from 1 company that I also do a lot of my own marketing to generate traffic. I have a number of sales that by the time the clients contact me it's too ask how to apply. So I spend a good amount of time getting the prospect very warm to me.

I also suspect, these numbers will drop a little, this month was pretty easy for me with referrals/pipeline spilling over etc..

Back