Re Insurance Policies Sold

mkmaem

As i am looking at a new agency opportunity with Allstate and in the process of speaking with a DM and looking over their cash flow analysis. While they presume you will close around 15 % of your calls ( which seems realistic via warm leads ) I am wondering what a realistic number of Insurance policies sold per month would be ? Obviously it will depend on how your office is staffed as far as potentially having some sort of Office Manager / CRM to handle paperwork as well as 1 -2 Producers . Without getting into experience, underwriting and just how good someone is or is not ( all important variables ) .. What are realistic goals for policies sold per month ?

As i am looking at a new agency opportunity with Allstate and in the process of speaking with a DM and looking over their cash flow analysis. While they presume you will close around 15 % of your calls ( which seems realistic via warm leads ) I am wondering what a realistic number of Insurance policies sold per month would be ? Obviously it will depend on how your office is staffed as far as potentially having some sort of Office Manager / CRM to handle paperwork as well as 1 -2 Producers . Without getting into experience, underwriting and just how good someone is or is not ( all important variables ) .. What are realistic goals for policies sold per month ?

Captive goes something like this:

Internet leads: About 50% ok quality.
Out of 50% about 70% let you quote them
Out of those about 50% answer the phone again.
Out of those Allstate is competitive 20-40% of the time depending on your area.

It's all about follow up and processes in place. My closing ratio is between 25-35%. Another Farmers Agent down the street is 15%. Wild swing depends on people/process

Todd doesn't close 25-35%. At Allstate, closing 15% of the people you quote will not happen in their current position. Plan more on 8%

I suggest you do NOT open an agency with Allstate. If you buy an existing BOB that's >2MM then...yes you can make money. But, this company is rotten as are all captives & I suggest you run.

....run & don't look back.

Be ready to write life insurance. P&C will come if you keep recruiting producers and feeding leads into your agency. Writing life insurance is how you make bonus and trips with Allstate.

Good luck.

Back