Ready to Start Work.

Tcm

I been in marketing and account management with tobacco companies for past 14+ years. However due to lack of career growth, I am now changing to insurance. I have just passed the FL P&C 2-20 exam and was mainly looking for an producer job with a local independent agency.

Now I need to find a good fit. I have a few appointments next week but I'm unsure what questions to ask and what qualities to look for in a good agency. My idea of a perfect fit would be a fair split, paperless technology, solid products, with in a motivational environment. Is this a good way to look at it?

Any other qualities in an agency that would help in making this decision?

Thanks
Tim

That is a great way to look at it!

I would also want to know:

P&C has high service demand - who is going to provide it?

Insurance is all about prospects - who is going to furnish them?

Renewals are the reason we are in this business. Make sure your getting a fair share.

Option at future date to own your book. Usually after a certain volume is achieved.

Welcome to the business. Best of luck to you!

Dave

My ask would be along these lines:

What (P&C Sales) training are you offering?

Do you offer warm leads I can cultivate? Or am I cold calling?

What are my sales goals at 6/12/18/24 months? What are my rewards for meeting those goals?

Splits on renewal that I service?

Ownership of new that I bring in?

These are all reasons I never bothered with the Producer title per se. Had I been willing and able to go it alone I would have done just that! Willing more than able though. I preferred a steady paycheck so I stayed on the "CSR" side and took fees for the new I brought in.

Go online and research the agencies/brokerages in your area in light of your wants and needs. If you're really green to insurance, you'll want training and guidance. Most insurance companies have a producer training program you can attend. Ask about that......

We're all selling something, no?

Best of luck to you - hit me up if you need more. Some of us have been in this business for 20+ years and can help you.

Last edited:
Back