Real Advice from Real Cold Callers

gboylan21

Expert
ohio
First off i would like to say thank you to frank. I spoke with you on sunday and you gave me some great advice. In an hour and a half conversation I think I learned and had some of my fears eliminated. so not only do I thank you but my family does also. RIP and I appreciate the time while asking nothing in return.

Now down to business! if you've come on to tell me there are better ways to put yourself out there to clients your input isn't needed. if you cold call and you set up appointments to see and sell face to face that does not help me either. I am one of the unfortunate souls who's state decided that a senior is too incompetent to decide on their own whether speaking to someone about saving money on a med sup is to difficult a decision to make without the government interfering.

I have licensed out of state, and will cold call and sell over the phone while mailing out applications with envelopes including pre-paid postage included. I ve already narrowed down where i will call based on least amount of hmo and ppo availability with the highest ratio of social security payments based by county in the 68-78 age range. I have been doing this for seven years and have an arsenal of companies. I have a great phone presence and the ability to close. however i have always ran face to face meetings. I want to hear from people who only sell over the phone or the majority over the phone to get a realization of what i can expect. for the first couple of months i will call anywhere from 40 to 50 hours a week. I Have my referrals i will continue to work. But I do this job because I want to make alot of money and sleep well at night knowing what i do really does help people.

Being in Ohio I have two ideas i am considering putting into effect after my cold calling takes off.

The first is contacting business owners about helping their retires in a smooth transition from the group to a stand alone medicare plan. not costing the business owner anything, while giving the employee the impression that the business owner cares about their well being even when they have terminated or retired from their position.

The second is because of not being able to contact medicare eligible recipients would purchasing a list of 63 yr olds and building a relationship with them be worth while. in my past experiences of selling major medical. most people 60 and above could wait to hit medicare to be eligible for the reduction in cost and increase in benefits when they hit 65. again this does not seem appealing to most which i understand because your not experiencing what we are in ohio. but i also know that once you knock over one domino it starts a chain reaction that eventually makes them all tumble.

Back