Realistic Expectations for FE Sales.

Just cause your in a large area(my area) doesn't there aren't 10+ other fulltime agents getting 20 leads a week from that same pool of data. Don't over think it.

20+ others.. at least..

----------

I still don't know why anyone would still want to do a lead drop and take the risk of bad returns when you can guarantee your returns by just getting on a fixed price system.

There has to be an advantage to reps who choose to do a regular lead drop vs fixed.. isn't there?

20+ others.. at least..

----------

There has to be an advantage to reps who choose to do a regular lead drop vs fixed.. isn't there?

There could be an advantage to mail drops over fixed price. Some of the FEX agents use mailers. Some use TM leads. Many times it's just personal preference.

And maybe an agent doesn't want to join one of the IMO's that has a fixed cost lead program?

Yes, there are a couple fixed cost options out there that are not tied to an IMO but they are not really effective.

And what if an agent doesn't care if leads come in over a period of time instead of on the same day each week? Or in a high return area and can get more leads for the same money?

If I were to semi retire I would get off the fixed cost program, mail a 1000 piece mailer out every couple weeks and work when I had leads.

Right now for me the fixed cost is priceless. I work 14-16 counties. I get my leads in every Thursday and all in one county. And I set my own appointments. To have those leads all together and can set my plan for the next week is the key to my business.

For me it's about consistency. My production has always been consistent and it's because my leads have always been consistent. This Oct I will have been on a fixed lead program for 9 years.

When looking at options it's about far ore than the cost of the lead. To me it is anyway.

There could be an advantage to mail drops over fixed price. Some of the FEX agents use mailers. Some use TM leads. Many times it's just personal preference.

And maybe an agent doesn't want to join one of the IMO's that has a fixed cost lead program?

Yes, there are a couple fixed cost options out there that are not tied to an IMO but they are not really effective.

And what if an agent doesn't care if leads come in over a period of time instead of on the same day each week? Or in a high return area and can get more leads for the same money?

If I were to semi retire I would get off the fixed cost program, mail a 1000 piece mailer out every couple weeks and work when I had leads.

Right now for me the fixed cost is priceless. I work 14-16 counties. I get my leads in every Thursday and all in one county. And I set my own appointments. To have those leads all together and can set my plan for the next week is the key to my business.

For me it's about consistency. My production has always been consistent and it's because my leads have always been consistent. This Oct I will have been on a fixed lead program for 9 years.

When looking at options it's about far ore than the cost of the lead. To me it is anyway.

How many leads do you get a week?

Your calling yourself and door knocking?

How many leads do you get a week?

Your calling yourself and door knocking?

For most of that 9 years I've gotten 15 leads per week. I reduced it to 10 per week last fall but a few months ago I had to raise it back up to 15 per week because of administrative issues.

The last month or so they have been sending me 12-13 per week. I don't mind since all I want is 10.

A normal schedule for me is to set appointments for Tues on Monday and to set appointments for Thursday on Wed.

I rarely doorknock as I hate to doorknock. But I will if I have to. Leads without a number or leads that I haven't been able to reach after numerous calls go to the bottom of the file. If I'm in an area and have a couple no shows in a row then I will get those and DK until my next set appointment.

On my last day in the field, Thursday, if I am over goal I will not DK at all. If I'm not over goal then I will DK until I get over goal or it gets too late.

That's my normal schedule. Sometimes things are not normal. Like a Monday holiday or such. Then I just adjust.

And lately I've done more DK'ing and more off schedule because we lost a little dog that we had for 14 years and I just haven't felt like working a normal schedule.

That's the long answer. The short answer is 15 leads per week. :biggrin:

For most of that 9 years I've gotten 15 leads per week. I reduced it to 10 per week last fall but a few months ago I had to raise it back up to 15 per week because of administrative issues.

The last month or so they have been sending me 12-13 per week. I don't mind since all I want is 10.

A normal schedule for me is to set appointments for Tues on Monday and to set appointments for Thursday on Wed.

I rarely doorknock as I hate to doorknock. But I will if I have to. Leads without a number or leads that I haven't been able to reach after numerous calls go to the bottom of the file. If I'm in an area and have a couple no shows in a row then I will get those and DK until my next set appointment.

On my last day in the field, Thursday, if I am over goal I will not DK at all. If I'm not over goal then I will DK until I get over goal or it gets too late.

That's my normal schedule. Sometimes things are not normal. Like a Monday holiday or such. Then I just adjust.

And lately I've done more DK'ing and more off schedule because we lost a little dog that we had for 14 years and I just haven't felt like working a normal schedule.

That's the long answer. The short answer is 15 leads per week. :biggrin:

I'm sorry to hear that JD. I know what that is like. I had one that died about 5 years ago now. When I think about her I still cry. She was very special to me.

I'm sure he would like to know how to make 6 figures, but not from someone who breaks the rules and spams on their first post! Go read the forum rules please, then delete your post. Or vice-versa.

I didn't offer to teach him...I just asked him a question...

#1 rule in sales.. you have to be able to *listen* to whats NOT being said at times...

would you like to learn how to be a better salesman

I didn't offer to teach him...I just asked him a question...

#1 rule in sales.. you have to be able to *listen* to whats NOT being said at times...

would you like to learn how to be a better salesman

Would you like to learn how to read so you can read the forum rules? I'm not really trying to be a smarta$$, just stating the facts.

Back