Really Need Advice!

grantgrindle

Ok. I'm a newly licensed P&C person. I am having great difficulty in deciding whom to work for. I'm 41 and new to the Insurance industry, which captive is the best choice in Colorado? I've read both bad and good reviews for all the captives. I don't know where to go. Thank you in advance!

Ok. I'm a newly licensed P&C person. I am having great difficulty in deciding whom to work for. I'm 41 and new to the Insurance industry, which captive is the best choice in Colorado? I've read both bad and good reviews for all the captives. I don't know where to go. Thank you in advance!

What was your plan when you decided to get licensed?

To work for a great company, at the same time, helping the public. I also want to be financially secure. I'm just very worried.

To work for a great company, at the same time, helping the public. I also want to be financially secure. I'm just very worried.

There are some good resources here. I would post in the P&C sections.

Also we are agents not employers. Your sentence sounded like a job resume.

What was your plan? Something started you on this path. Why did you decide to get licensed. Please do not say world peace.

Edit: I am a Life guy the P&C agents are probably nicer. :)

To be honest, the public doesn't need your help.

That said, if you're going to make a career out of this, you have to find out what's in it for you first. Make contact with local P & C offices and find someone willing to mentor you. Then, soak up all the knowledge you can.

You won't get financially secure doing this but it will pay the bills until you are able to branch out on your own.

One last thing---quit worrying and start working toward your goal. Quit obsessing/pondering about who "the best" might be. They are all pretty much the same---the difference will be when you find a good mentor to align yourself with.

I wish to one day operate my own agency. I am a great 'people person', develop instaneous relationships, and outstanding rapport. I am compassionate in helping people.

----------

Thanks guys, I appreciate your feedback!

Tough crowd. Yes, all the captive contracts are essentially the same, they're in control with earning caps built in. They do help you get started with training and some with financial startup support. Aggregator type groups will provide instant carrier access and usually a management system. Harder startup but the independence keeps you in control of your growth and expenses.

Back