Really?

Yes I do and I am.

However, I do not sell PFFS plans, only PPO and HMO.

Between coventry and humana, there are over 50,000 seniors with MA plans (which does not include the other 6 carriers in the metro).

Yes I do and I am.

However, I do not sell PFFS plans, only PPO and HMO.

Between coventry and humana, there are over 50,000 seniors with MA plans (which does not include the other 6 carriers in the metro).
If you are paid $150 for renewal which would of course be what you would be paid for helping your exisiting clients find a better plan, would you still say you're in the business?

My concern is I receive about $100 currently. I might be paid $150 to find them a better plan. While I want to do what's best for my clients, I can't go broke doing it.

Can you?

Rick

No, but there are always new people to sell. I also use my book for other products. I am starting to veer more into the fixed annuity and FE market.

Plus, the commissions have not been finalized yet.

I am starting to wonder about MA agents. It reminds me of the dog that gets kicked but still comes running up to the master wagging its tail wanting affection.

CMS kicks, and you fall in line asking what can I do to please you now!

???

Here is the thing about MA's...all depends on where you live.

In my neck of the woods, they are very successful. There is still a great need for them. I have already received calls from clients to explain the new 09 plans (they have seen the commercials, gotten mail, etc).

So, CMS kicks, I dodge it (like the ninja I am), take care of my clients, and drive on.

I Have been in the Insurance business over 26 years, I have learned to adapt to many changes in that time.

The senior market has been my main target!

I do a decent amount of individual health Ins. also, usually referrals, kids, neighbors, etc.

I had an opportunity to quote group insurance for a friends company last year and closed his over 100 man group, including dental, life and add. Since writing his coverage I have closed 2 other groups 30 man group and a 70 man group on his referral.

The MA plans have been, in my opinion a constant source of problems and confusion for all involved.

Seniors may need more choices or options but they need it simplified.

If you read this board you can find seasoned professionals discussing and arguing current rules and regulations. Nobody, even at CMS knows exactly what is correct.

Since coming on this board I have talked down about MA plans, not intentionally trying to run down those who offer them but to hopefully open your eyes.

I said at one time MA plans would be gone in the near future (wishful thinking).

What I think is MA agents will be gone sooner than anybody realizes.

What I think is MA agents will be gone sooner than anybody realizes.
Unless something changes (doubtful), we're history after this year.

I can't earn a living focusing on helping seniors on MA plan if what I believe regarding commissions will come to pass. Can't feed my family on $150 an enrollment especially with all the extra work necessary just to talk with someone.

The past few years were great as far as adding to my income and more importantly, helping a good number of people. But I can't work for free and can't work for less than I get paid on a Med Supp.

It's back to IFP and life.

Rick

Back