Realtors-How to Approach?

digitalbil

Has anyone been very successful with networking with Realtors? If so would you mind sharing some ideas as to how to approach them?

Does anybody really like to network with realtors? To me they are the biggest bunch of arrogant know it all types around. And most of them run around without insurance. Until they need it of course. Many of them are more broke than your typical insurance agent.

IMO, real estate agents are not the way to go unless you are selling P&C. If that's the case, cold call mortgage brokers. Stay away from realtors and you'll save yourself lots of wasted time....Unless you can differentiate yourself and stand out among a crowd.

Depends on what you've got to offer them? Free donuts, they're all in. Seriously.

If you are adept at speaking to a group and have a good product approach you can always contact the sales mgr of each office, as they are always looking for ways to fill sales meetings. Hence, the donuts.... bring, say your piece and collect cards for follow-up at a later time. Those with an immediate need will seek you out on the spot after the dog-n-pony show.

However, maybe there are better markets to target than Realtors. I've seen some of the same sentiments mentioned heretofore, up close and person.

You do have to be somewhat careful because many realtors are part-timers and/or won't last in the business very long because that's a bitch of a way to make a living. Also many realtors are the wives of a husband who is already making a great living and she's doing realty to relieve boredom or to get out of the house.

But when you find the ones who are more established, you could have a client for life.

Depends on what you've got to offer them? Free donuts, they're all in. Seriously.

If you are adept at speaking to a group and have a good product approach you can always contact the sales mgr of each office, as they are always looking for ways to fill sales meetings. Hence, the donuts.... bring, say your piece and collect cards for follow-up at a later time. Those with an immediate need will seek you out on the spot after the dog-n-pony show.

However, maybe there are better markets to target than Realtors. I've seen some of the same sentiments mentioned heretofore, up close and person.

I was a Realtor for 10+ years before taking over the family insurance business. During the 10 years, not a single insurance agent EVER came to our office to give an overview of health / life / disability coverage. Once I took over, I was at the Realtor meeting within the first 30 days and gave an overview of individual health plans and HSA's specifically. Asked folks who were interested in a confidential 1:1 meeting to drop their card in a hat and put a star on it and I'd contact them. I had everyone put their cards into the hat for a gift card drawing, even the ones who wanted no additional info.

I ended up with at least a dozen clients out of a 40 person office AND the group coverage for the owner and their staff. I still get at least a new client a month from them. Not a ton of $$$, but think about it...Realtors also know a lot of business owners, physicians, etc.

Give them some good real world examples of how to save $ and they are interested. Right now, hit them with the overview of health reform, the exchanges and how no pre-existing conditions from 2014+. Any questions, PM me, but it is worth giving it a go.:)

NW sorry I'm still not interested wasting my time with em.
Go right ahead, be my guest.

No worries, we all have a target market that we like and that's why there's room for everybody. Out of curiosity, what demographic do you find most worthwhile to target in your area?

Latest posts

Back