Reason to Call Your Clients

axeman462

Guru
1000 Post Club
Florida
I know when you have a larger book of business, it can be hard to find time to call your clients on their birthdays but it can really save your business if you can find 5 minutes in your day to make that phone call. I just took the time to call 4 clients today to call them and wish them a happy bday. 2 didnt answer so I left a voicemail, the other two did. And I'm glad I called:

first one: Answered, talked to his wife. His wife is T65 in Jan and is also on Medicare disability. And has been getting a lot of phone calls from other agents trying to steal the business away from me. She said most of them just thank her for her time and hang up. but one agent (sounded like a banekrs agent) in particular calls her at least once a week, telling her all these scary stories and stirring up emotions. Long story short, she was glad I called. I calmed her fears down, and she bassically told me she aint gonna answer the phone for the next 4 months (unless I call :1smile:)

Second: Had a few questions that needed to clear up. She lost my card and had been praying I would call soon (gee what a coincidence! :1smile:) I was able to clear up everything over the phone and will send her another card in the mail.

The point is, sending automated cards bday cards are good. It reminds them of you periodically. And there is no way you will be able to call every single one of your clients and their bdays (especially if you have a larger book of business), which is a good reason for the automated bday cards. But If you can find the time to pick up the phone for 5 minutes and call them, It builds that rapport more than a card does, and sometimes will save your business, or even grow it (there has been times I got a referral from a bday call).

Great post, and great idea to keep in contact and what better day to call then on their birthdays. Retention is more important in the Mapd or Med supp then any other product since there is increases and changes with MA every year along with all the other calls they get from agents.

Do you use send out cards btw?

Great Post

Ive been getting into these type of things more and more
and have learned its the way to work smarter instead of harder

Next year I would like to do more with cross selling
final expense or maybe something like Kemper HHC

Up until now I've just been concerned with getting the Medicare
new business and lead management down to a science

But I've seen my referrals increase just through good customer service
and I know if I did more of this kind of stuff It would really take things to the next level

Great post, and great idea to keep in contact and what better day to call then on their birthdays. Retention is more important in the Mapd or Med supp then any other product since there is increases and changes with MA every year along with all the other calls they get from agents.

Do you use send out cards btw?

No, but I have been seriously considering it as my book has been growing because it is becoming harder and harder to find time to make the phone calls. Especially when I have multiple birthdays on one day.

I know when you have a larger book of business, it can be hard to find time to call your clients on their birthdays but it can really save your business if you can find 5 minutes in your day to make that phone call. I just took the time to call 4 clients today to call them and wish them a happy bday. 2 didnt answer so I left a voicemail, the other two did. And I'm glad I called:

first one: Answered, talked to his wife. His wife is T65 in Jan and is also on Medicare disability. And has been getting a lot of phone calls from other agents trying to steal the business away from me. She said most of them just thank her for her time and hang up. but one agent (sounded like a banekrs agent) in particular calls her at least once a week, telling her all these scary stories and stirring up emotions. Long story short, she was glad I called. I calmed her fears down, and she bassically told me she aint gonna answer the phone for the next 4 months (unless I call :1smile:)

Second: Had a few questions that needed to clear up. She lost my card and had been praying I would call soon (gee what a coincidence! :1smile:) I was able to clear up everything over the phone and will send her another card in the mail.

The point is, sending automated cards bday cards are good. It reminds them of you periodically. And there is no way you will be able to call every single one of your clients and their bdays (especially if you have a larger book of business), which is a good reason for the automated bday cards. But If you can find the time to pick up the phone for 5 minutes and call them, It builds that rapport more than a card does, and sometimes will save your business, or even grow it (there has been times I got a referral from a bday call).

Good post.

One more reason to call your book. If you do not,:err: I or someone like me will.

Back