Reasons Why A Client Should Use You Instead of Purchasing Directly Trough the Company

Re: Reasons Why A Client Should Use You Instead of Purchasing Dir

With important issues, you need to use someone that is an expert on the subject.

I once tried to do my own taxes, and I'm sure glad I hired someone to fix all the errors I made.

I would never go to a court room without hiring a lawyer.

When protecting your family, why not let a license insurance agent help you. They wont charge you anything.

Re: Vebsite LLC to Help Online Marketers Become Globally Competit

Bringing a new business to a higher level takes a lot of time, effort and money. It needs several phases and should be famous enough for the public to know about the products and services offered.

Very insightful first post----please translate this gibberish!

How to to be a good insurance agent?Please share some tips.I am looking for a mentor.

Care about your clients and the rest will come. When you care, you'll want to learn as much as possible about the products, you'll follow up with them, you'll ask for referrals because you know what you're doing it important, etc.

The biggest advantage is they get me.

When they call for service they get us. Not some clerk at some office in a far away land where they are just a number in a huge pool of numbers. A person that has vested interest in them as a client. Someone that knows them by name.

And surprisingly, they do not have to pay extra for this personal concierge service.

I also offer this service to their family, even if they have a policy through another agent.

Re: Reasons Why A Client Should Use You Istead of Purchasing Directly Trough the Comp

These are only benefits if the consumer perceives that they are.

Many have fled to the internet as a way to avoid unscrupulous/bad agents.

BTW, nothing is "FREE". The agent compensation is built in to the premiums. The savvy consumer knows this, and doesn't want their intelligence insulted.

I know this is an old post but I feel it important to point out the the following..

Im sure there are a few dishonest agents but for the most part this is untrue. Agents are held to laws and guidelines and agents that deviate are held responsible by the commissioner.

In most cases there is no difference between buying directly from the insurance company and purchasing through an agent. However, in a few cases the rates can be different but not always more expensive. Example. rates are different with Progressive if you buy via an agent vs direct. Sometimes it is cheaper through an agent and other times it is cheaper direct. In most cases they are similar.

The internet has made shopping for insurance easier. Instead of driving around town to meet with an agent, you can compare rates, benefits, and apply online. Some insurance companies even let you apply right from their website.
Does it still make sense to have an agent help you choose a plan? You bet.
Agents are insurance experts. It’s their job to help you shop plans from leading carriers so you can be confident you’ve found the best rates and benefits for you.
4 Reasons To Work With An Insurance Agent
When you consider all the benefits, working with an agent just makes good sense.
  1. Agents guide you through the process. Buying an insurance policy can be complicated. An agent walks you through each step of the process and helps you make sense of all the “insurance-speak”.
  2. Agents offer you choice. Your agent has a portfolio of plans to choose from, often from multiple companies. Your agent will know which policy will protect you the best. They’ll even know which company is most likely to accept your application.
  3. Agents troubleshoot mistakes. A mistake on your application can cause a company to raise your rates or even reject your application. Your agent will help you fill out your application correctly so you get the rates you deserve.
  4. It’s free. This is the best part about getting insurance through an agent. Agents collect payment from the companies they represent. So you get all the advice you want — absolutely free.

Another benefit of using an agent I point out to prospects is the fact that they still have leverage, even after they have paid their premium, to demand good service because our renewals depend on keeping them happy.

If you are working on a local level there is the benefit to the consumer of you living in community and knowing the local landscape as far as provider networks etc. compared to an out of state agent .

It is ironic that buying health insurance is one of the most complicated/confusing purchases a consumer will ever make and that hiring an expert " agent " to help you navigate the process is a completely free service to them yet some consumers will cut out " the middle man " thinking they may save money going direct .

Back