Rebuttal War for Everyone

bboman23

601-938-7663 - [email protected]
5000 Post Club
Mississippi
I have done these a lot with agents in person or over the phone with training, but I figured it would be a fun thing to do on here as well. I know this is going to go in one ear and out the other for some people, but I would hope we could keep this thread on topic. I think it will help new and veteran agents.

It is simple, anyone shoot out an objection, and everyone chime in with how you respond. Then it just keeps continuing! This will be the toughest client in the world since we'll never give in :)

I will start it off with an easy one........

I am ready to get this started now, but I want to just mail in the money each month. I don't like doing anything through my bank because the last policy I had they messed up my bank account and I don't want that to happen again!

GO!

I have done these a lot with agents in person or over the phone with training, but I figured it would be a fun thing to do on here as well. I know this is going to go in one ear and out the other for some people, but I would hope we could keep this thread on topic. I think it will help new and veteran agents.

It is simple, anyone shoot out an objection, and everyone chime in with how you respond. Then it just keeps continuing! This will be the toughest client in the world since we'll never give in :)

I am ready to get this started now, but I want to just mail in the money each month. I don't like doing anything through my bank because the last policy I had they messed up my bank account and I don't want that to happen again!

GO!

My rebuttal..."you are a moron, goodbye" :)

GO!

So if and when you end up in the hospital how will you mail in your payment?

"Mrs Smith i can understand your concern . But this is for your benefit. What would happen if you were in the hospital for a month or 2 and that bill went unpaid? All those years you paid for this valuable protection would be for naught.Worse yet what if you passed in the hospital and your son or daughter found your policy. They take it to the funeral home and to their horror it had lapsed. All this can be prevented by allowing the ins company to take the money every month from your account.

But i have to admit when somebody head strong to not let anyone touch their account it's tough to change their mind.

GO!

I don't like my bills coming out of my account either. Like my gas bill is over 200 in the winter and 15 in the summer. Tell you the truth, I don't always keep enough in my checking to cover an unexpected 200. But the one thing I do have on auto pay is my life insurance. And the reason is I know as long as I am alive I get a check on the 1st of every month. And I KNOW that my payment is 208 on the first of every month. So it's not unexpected and my account never has gotten messed up.

So if and when you end up in the hospital how will you mail in your payment?

Good one!

In a situation like this, I know she has lapsed a policy before. So there are a few things I do. First I make sure I pick a smaller premium to get them used to paying it. If they want more, I just go back in 4-6 months and add on coverage if they are still active.

Secondly, I make sure I draft on the EXACT day they get their money..not a day after or the 5th instead of 3rd, etc....

Then I try to get them to allow bank draft. I will usually say "Mary I can definitely understand how you feel. A lot of people used to feel that way, but now Social Security actually pays you directly into your account on the ____ day of every month correct? Well this is setup to come out on that exact same day for so many reasons. This is LIFE insurance and you will need it to be in force the day you die. Most people actually become ill and spend time in the hospital before they die. If that happens, it is very common for the premium to not get sent in. Then the one thing you've paid on for YEARS for this exact reason is suddenly gone. I can tell you that they will only take out $29.14 on the 3rd of each month. They can't get it early unless SS pays you early. Once you are comfortable with this, I can come back and get you that other $5k you were interested in, but let's at least get this started and get you approved. I just need you to grab me a check to void out!"

There are several other ways to handle it that I would love to hear. Also downtownboy, you answered this one, so now you have to throw out an objection ;)

----------

I don't like my bills coming out of my account either. Like my gas bill is over 200 in the winter and 15 in the summer. Tell you the truth, I don't always keep enough in my checking to cover an unexpected 200. But the one thing I do have on auto pay is my life insurance. And the reason is I know as long as I am alive I get a check on the 1st of every month. And I KNOW that my payment is 208 on the first of every month. So it's not unexpected and my account never has gotten messed up.

I like that one also! You make yourself REAL! You show them you relate with the same struggles they deal with! I like it!

Ben only Trans and Trinity can guarantee the EXACT day.Had a weird one today. Lady had a direct express card and a checking account for years. Her money comes on the direct express card and she transfers it to the checking account. I asked her why not have it deposited direct to the checking account. She said they sent her that card 5 yrs ago and she's never got around to changing it. That shows the procrastination we deal with.

Ben only Trans and Trinity can guarantee the EXACT day.Had a weird one today. Lady had a direct express card and a checking account for years. Her money comes on the direct express card and she transfers it to the checking account. I asked her why not have it deposited direct to the checking account. She said they sent her that card 5 yrs ago and she's never got around to changing it. That shows the procrastination we deal with.

Great point! On clients like this I will use FBL or Trans. unless I check the calendar and her pay date doesn't hit on a weekend for several months.

I don't make a big deal out of it. We bill your bank on the day you get paid. If they make it a big deal then I just say, that's how we do it. If they balk then I'm done. I'm not talking anyone into bank draft that's against it.

I got more leads and more people to see.

But it goes back to the beginning. What's their WHY? Getting the WHY up front and then addressing that WHY means I don't get smokescreen objections at the end.

I only present to interested people. I'm sure I weed out some of those people that would pull that in the first 5 minutes and I'm outta there. We never got to banking because I already knew they weren't interested.

Back