Recent Experience with The Annuity Leads...Scott Brooks

I was just talking to an advisor the other day who does a lot of Life Business. He asked about buying leads. I think it's impossible. Why would someone spend all that time and money to gain annuity leads and then hand them over? I'd write the business myself!
If it's too good to be true it usually is.

Does anyone have any recent experience purchasing annuity leads from "the annuity leads" owner is Scoot Brooks????????????????????//
I purchased from him a decade ago and had no issues. He was really easy to work with and we parted ways without any issues as well. I have also purchased from Financialize. They can be a bit more difficult to work with and more expensive BUT the lead flow is a bit better. In regards to internet annuity leads....my experience was ok. I made a 400k sale (20k comp) on my very first lead and then not another. I stopped once I had spent 10k and assumed the sale was luck since I could not get another or even decent activity after the initial sale. I had a appt setter that used to work for JD Mellberg calling all the leads and still did not get many appointments at all. Hope this helps.

JasperJohn...how many leads in all did you buy? You say you made 20K. That doesn't sound bad; however, don't know how many leads you got. Why did you stop buying from him?

JasperJohn...how many leads in all did you buy? You say you made 20K. That doesn't sound bad; however, don't know how many leads you got. Why did you stop buying from him?
Ok here is a more detailed answer...was in car during last reply. So Scott's leads were the first time I had ever purchased internet leads so I didn't have a benchmark when I was working his leads. The leads are just as good as the Financialize leads in that people really did request the information and were usually qualified prospects. I also noticed that more of Scott's leads actually answered the phone when they were called. The problem I had with Scott's program was that his leads were not consistent but this was a decade ago I would assume he has that all ironed out by now. Financialize was great at generating leads consistently and very close to any amount I requested BUT a good deal of the leads would never answer the phone. Supposedly they would scrub all requests and have a conversation with all people prior to forwarding the info but my assumption was that they were fibbing a bit since so few people would answer the phone when I had people calling. If I remember correctly Scott's leads are quite a bit less expensive than Financialize as well. All that said; if I were to do it again.....which I wouldn't....but IF I did I would buy from Scott rather some of these other vendors. He was also really easy to deal with. When I canceled he immediately stopped billing me and I think he had even refunded me on a couple of leads for one reason or another. Try getting a refund from Financialize IMPOSSIBLE. Ok that's my experience good luck hope this helps.

Ok here is a more detailed answer...was in car during last reply. So Scott's leads were the first time I had ever purchased internet leads so I didn't have a benchmark when I was working his leads. The leads are just as good as the Financialize leads in that people really did request the information and were usually qualified prospects. I also noticed that more of Scott's leads actually answered the phone when they were called. The problem I had with Scott's program was that his leads were not consistent but this was a decade ago I would assume he has that all ironed out by now. Financialize was great at generating leads consistently and very close to any amount I requested BUT a good deal of the leads would never answer the phone. Supposedly they would scrub all requests and have a conversation with all people prior to forwarding the info but my assumption was that they were fibbing a bit since so few people would answer the phone when I had people calling. If I remember correctly Scott's leads are quite a bit less expensive than Financialize as well. All that said; if I were to do it again.....which I wouldn't....but IF I did I would buy from Scott rather some of these other vendors. He was also really easy to deal with. When I canceled he immediately stopped billing me and I think he had even refunded me on a couple of leads for one reason or another. Try getting a refund from Financialize IMPOSSIBLE. Ok that's my experience good luck hope this helps.
Great feedback. It is almost impossible to find decent annuity leads...the barrier to entry is so high.

As IssacA said, if you can produce them, you write them.

Jasper I appreciate you taking the time to give me a more detailed answer. I am going to buy from him. I have to take the plunge. My only two questions to you is when you were spending all that money to buy those leads why in the world would you EVER let someone else call those leads except YOU. Nobody is going to look over your money better than you. Secondly, why call them when you can visit them and shake their hand? At that expense, who cares if you drive 50 miles, I want as best chance as I can to make that sale. I think you have a better chance of someone doing business with you in the future if you door knocked versus called on the phone.

Tahoe Ray, what do you mean by saying, "the barrier to entry is soo high?"

Have you purchased ANY annuity leads at all; if so, from whom? What was your experience?

Tahoe Ray, what do you mean by saying, "the barrier to entry is soo high?"

Have you purchased ANY annuity leads at all; if so, from whom? What was your experience?

I only personally write annuities when I fall into them so I have not bought annuity leads.

However, I've been a wholesaler for 20 years and have seen many advisors and agents buy annuity leads and most have had very little success. These are experienced reps who know how to write business.

My statement was along the lines of, those who can generate the leads are writing them, not selling them.

Last edited:
Back