Recent Success with the Following Script, Advice?

I learned this script from the forums about 2 weeks ago and its great. I would give some member credit but I cannot backtrack and figure out who posted it.

So here it is:

"Hello, can I speak to Joe?"

Now I have a few seconds to perk interest and maintain a genuine tone

Hi Joe. This is CIServices over at State Farm in Baltimore, Maryland. We are a premier local insurance agency and were hoping to have you as a client. How can I make that happen?

I've found that 1/10 people will just not be interested and that is fine. The other 90% actually come up with an intellectual statement to progress the conversation. Its interesting...when I pose the "How can i make that happen?" - I can almost hear their brains turning, thinking about the question. Its open ended so it requires an intellectual response.

I just think its great and its led to sales for me.

Cold-calling is great - when I start my agency it will initially be a cornerstone of my success. Its affordable and effective, not easy but its very satisfying when it leads to a new client.

Any thoughts or suggestions to make it better? What works for you?

I use that similar script, also grabbed from here. I would change your 2nd sentence. Nobody cares/knows what a "premier" agency is..it's fluff and is no value to the prospect. I use, "We proactively help business owners save time and money and avoid paying expensive claims." Instead of using hoping, be more direct. "We want you as a client. What would it take to make that happen/How can we make that happen?" Or just ask directly for the quote with, "Would you be open to us quoting your insurance now or closer to your renewal?"

If the owner has no interest/sees value in any of those 3, probably not worth your time anywho.

However, if your original script is yielding results and you're making money, don't change it! If it ain't broke, don't fix it!

The other thing to keep in mind is that the first cold call is really opening the door for the 2nd,3rd, 4th and so on calls. Keep track of your calls and the renewal dates you get or when they say is a better time to call back. Then, 3 months down the road, you say, "You probably don't remember me, but we spoke 3 months ago and you said this would be a better time." It's not as cold now and you've got more confidence, because THEY told you to call them back and you are following through. That confidence will come through on the phone.

I would recommend sending an email to each of those folks that give you phone time. Probably not going to do anything for the immediate time, but helps you stand out from the other 30 cold callers they get a week.

I learned this script from the forums about 2 weeks ago and its great. I would give some member credit but I cannot backtrack and figure out who posted it. So here it is: "Hello, can I speak to Joe?" Now I have a few seconds to perk interest and maintain a genuine tone Hi Joe. This is CIServices over at State Farm in Baltimore, Maryland. We are a premier local insurance agency and were hoping to have you as a client. How can I make that happen? I've found that 1/10 people will just not be interested and that is fine. The other 90% actually come up with an intellectual statement to progress the conversation. Its interesting...when I pose the "How can i make that happen?" - I can almost hear their brains turning, thinking about the question. Its open ended so it requires an intellectual response. I just think its great and its led to sales for me. Cold-calling is great - when I start my agency it will initially be a cornerstone of my success. Its affordable and effective, not easy but its very satisfying when it leads to a new client. Any thoughts or suggestions to make it better? What works for you?

I really like that opener! I used to cold call a lot, now I am 100% referral base and can't keep up. I am going to use that for new hirers.

when I start my agency it will initially be a cornerstone of my success.

Excellent hustle on trying to better your cold-call game. It's a tough grind, but mostly a mental game as you have probably already realized :)

Where do you get this confidence for the assumption you're making above about cold calling becoming the future cornerstone of your success? There are many who suck at it that have done well. You must have context and I'm just curious.

Hayato
closingcommercial dot com

Excellent hustle on trying to better your cold-call game. It's a tough grind, but mostly a mental game as you have probably already realized :)

Where do you get this confidence for the assumption you're making above about cold calling becoming the future cornerstone of your success? There are many who suck at it that have done well. You must have context and I'm just curious.

Hayato
closingcommercial dot com

Confidence comes from inside :laugh:

----------

I use that similar script, also grabbed from here. I would change your 2nd sentence. Nobody cares/knows what a "premier" agency is..it's fluff and is no value to the prospect. I use, "We proactively help business owners save time and money and avoid paying expensive claims." Instead of using hoping, be more direct. "We want you as a client. What would it take to make that happen/How can we make that happen?" Or just ask directly for the quote with, "Would you be open to us quoting your insurance now or closer to your renewal?"

If the owner has no interest/sees value in any of those 3, probably not worth your time anywho.

However, if your original script is yielding results and you're making money, don't change it! If it ain't broke, don't fix it!

The other thing to keep in mind is that the first cold call is really opening the door for the 2nd,3rd, 4th and so on calls. Keep track of your calls and the renewal dates you get or when they say is a better time to call back. Then, 3 months down the road, you say, "You probably don't remember me, but we spoke 3 months ago and you said this would be a better time." It's not as cold now and you've got more confidence, because THEY told you to call them back and you are following through. That confidence will come through on the phone.

I would recommend sending an email to each of those folks that give you phone time. Probably not going to do anything for the immediate time, but helps you stand out from the other 30 cold callers they get a week.

That is great advice. I'm hesitant to go beyond ~7seconds when explaining why I'm calling. I think I'll try to lengthen it as an experiment. I just figure out society today, for the most part, gets bored fast. I try to tell them asap why I'm calling and sound legit and genuine.

I think next week I'll lengthen it and give more of a value statement. I'm curious to see how it stacks up.

I will actually be experimenting with removing the value statement all together and using a probing question recommended by someone on the forums. Our tone is more important than the words and really, our goal is to be top of mind when their agent drops the ball, premiums go up, or etc. We could probably use, "We're giving away 1oz of gold to everyone who gets a quote" and still get a ton of no's.

I've heard of some opening with...

"Hello, bob? It's ______.''

You're acting like they know who you are so they will listen to you longer. It sounds less salesy. If you ask to speak with bob and bob is on the phone already they instantly know you're trying to sell them something.

------------------

What are your conversions like? Average apps per day? If you give more info we can let you know if you need to switch it up or if you're on the right path :)

Back