Recession proof

Lately, when potential clients mention "recession" as a method of disqualifying themselves from making a decision, I say the following;

"Bill, I understand that budgets are tight now and you should save money when you can. Expert advice regarding your finances and assets is not one of those areas. Insurance is complex, so you need an expert on your side who is available to you when you have a need or question. Of course many people say they can get "free information" by searching online, but will that webpage be able to call your insurance company on your behalf when you have claims issues? Can you call and talk to that webpage to get detailed answers to your questions about your coverage?

Its real simple; you get what you pay for, right Bill?!

If you are making an important decision such as protecting your home and family, isn't it worth paying some money to get quality expert advice, Bill?"

I don't deal with the uninsured. What I'm finding is when I call small biz owners who already have plans they are now more interest in what I have to offer.

Talking to people without coverage is like telling people they should go to church more often.

I agree, it is much easier to save some one money than make them spend it. I have found that a lot of people don't want health insurance until they need it and most of the time at that point it is too late and they have become uninsurable.

However recently, the uninsured market has picked up for me. I don't know if we are working on another "baby boom" but I know that I have signed more new mothers than anyone lately!

Back