Reciprocity. IL License Via Reciprocity FL? Cheapest Route.

entrep1776

Guru
100+ Post Club
I'm working toward getting licensed in IL. There is requirement to do 7.5 hour pre licensing class.

$102 test for two lines
$180 for 2 year license
$100???(not sure) for 7.5 hour class
$382 total.

Is there a way to get licensed in Florida then use Reciprocity in IL to save some money avoid 7.5 hour class? Seemed like FL looked like $55?(not sure)

Is the licensing actually helpful in selling/giving good quality of service? It seems some professional licenses don't really apply to being successful.

I'm working toward getting licensed in IL. There is requirement to do 7.5 hour pre licensing class.

$102 test for two lines
$180 for 2 year license
$100???(not sure) for 7.5 hour class
$382 total.

Is there a way to get licensed in Florida then use Reciprocity in IL to save some money avoid 7.5 hour class? Seemed like FL looked like $55?(not sure)

Is the licensing actually helpful in selling/giving good quality of service? It seems some professional licenses don't really apply to being successful.

Hahaha, is this serious? Having the license might not help the quality of service you give, but you won't be successful without it. You have to have an insurance license to sell insurance.:yes:

7.5 hours of pre-licensing study isn't much at all. I believe it was much higher for Tennessee, although as it is self-study you can blow through it quickly.

Florida requires or at least use to require physical fingerprint cards. That means, done with ink. A real pain as most states have gone to electronic which process much faster.

Illinois also has a stout non-resident license fee. I believe it is $250 for TN residents, plus whatever fee the provider, NAIC, Siricon, etc. charges.

So, you may just be better off doing it in Illinois.

Hahaha, is this serious? Having the license might not help the quality of service you give, but you won't be successful without it. You have to have an insurance license to sell insurance.:yes:

I understand you need a license.

Some of BS pre licensing may be waste of time. At least Realtor licensing required class seemed a waste of time as far as actually being Realtor.

I understand you need a license.

Some of BS pre licensing may be waste of time. At least Realtor licensing required class seemed a waste of time as far as actually being Realtor.

I think you should have to pass a test to show that you half way know what you're talking about. On the other hand, I think that continuing education is a joke.

7.5 hours of pre-licensing study isn't much at all. I believe it was much higher for Tennessee, although as it is self-study you can blow through it quickly.

Florida requires or at least use to require physical fingerprint cards. That means, done with ink. A real pain as most states have gone to electronic which process much faster.

Illinois also has a stout non-resident license fee. I believe it is $250 for TN residents, plus whatever fee the provider, NAIC, Siricon, etc. charges.

So, you may just be better off doing it in Illinois.

Thanks. I would like to do non resident in FL initially then Reciprocity back to IL if it would help decrease cost. Saving $300 would buy some leads instead of giving State of IL my money. I think we have more governors in jail than Alive! I'm pretty frugal. & I spend about a month a year in FL and willing to sacrifice to spend more time to avoid current 5 degree weather in IL.

Thanks. I would like to do non resident in FL initially then Reciprocity back to IL if it would help decrease cost. Saving $300 would buy some leads instead of giving State of IL my money. I think we have more governors in jail than Alive! I'm pretty frugal. & I spend about a month a year in FL and willing to sacrifice to spend more time to avoid current 5 degree weather in IL.

You have to have a resident license to get a non-resident license.

Aren't the ones that are in jail also alive? We actually only have one in prison at this time...The Smurf. Up until Pat Quinn, we had a string of 4 of the last 7 Governors go to prison.

You have to have a resident license to get a non-resident license.

Oh. Ok I was thinking I could go straight to FL for nonresident. Then Reciprocity back to Illinois. Guess be donating to IL Governor slush fund!

Would IMO be able to help with these sort of questions/prelicensing? I feel like I'm missing a key piece. not getting clear vision of getting licensed and being independent agent.

Oh. Ok I was thinking I could go straight to FL for nonresident. Then Reciprocity back to Illinois. Guess be donating to IL Governor slush fund! Would IMO be able to help with these sort of questions/prelicensing? I feel like I'm missing a key piece. not getting clear vision of getting licensed and being independent agent.

I would think every IMO would tell you that your first step to becoming an independent agent is to get licensed. And an agent must first become licensed in his/her state of residence. Once that license is obtained he/she can apply for non-resident licenses in other states.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back