Recommend a GA for DI?

brooks

Super Genius
100+ Post Club
I'm thinking there may be some opportunity in DI.

I note many good things are said about Guardian, Principal, Mass Mutual and others.

Other posts seem to suggest to be successful in DI you should represent several carriers.

Any suggestions as to a GA for DI?:idea:

Personally, I look to geographic location. In today's modern world of technology, and with more and more business being done "not in person" so to speak -- with a general agency, I still find value in being geographically situated.

That said, look around at the local GA's and see who is strongest in the brokerage field. Personally, with my clientele, marketplace, etc. -- I've found Guardian has the best contract. Tough underwriting, but the best contract. Own occupation, residual, etc.

Good luck.

Huge discrepancies in markets ie. you need to state what 'collar' you're going after before any answer will carry weight to your specific situation, Brooks.

'Collar' refers to color of collar, just to be clear.

I don't know of many "blue" collar types buying much of anything in Illinois these days .... much less insurance. They have pretty much hunkered down.

"White" collar is the only game in town.

DI Service, DI Broker, Plus Group, Disability Resource Group etc. Any one of em will take care of all your needs across the occupational board. JMO

Thanks for the input.

I contacted Disability Insurance Services. Wasted my time and their's .... they are not very focused.

I'll keep searching around.

I wanted to try the smaller medical practices. Say those with less than eight physicians plus employees. However, I have the impression this market is saturated. So, I am trying to hook up with the local building associations so I can do a presentation.

I wanted to be able to offer products from several insurers as from reading posts from consumers that appeared to be a common thread. Consumers wanted choice. Consumers wanted choice and an education.

I would be interested in knowing if there is a market that is under served. :no:

Back