Recommend a GA for DI?

Union Central specializes in the medical field. We are an MGA with them and many other DI providers. If you send me a PM with your e-mail (I am not able to send PM's yet), I will help you gather what it is you are looking for and will help you put the presentation together. We may even have something already, which can be tweaked to suit different audiences.

What type of DI are you talking about? Individual, group, or voluntary. No outfit I'm aware of does a great job in all three (or even two).

I'm thinking individual. I would like to bundle DI with BOE for small business.

I have talked and/or emailed with three representatives of their's.
I was attempting to gain info on how you contract with or through them.

I still do not have a clear answer. One person says you find a piece of business and once you submit it you then apply for a contract with the carrier. Another says you get contracted then submit business.

Maybe I'm talking to the wrong people or asking the wrong questions?

I still do not have a clear answer. One person says you find a piece of business and once you submit it you then apply for a contract with the carrier. Another says you get contracted then submit business.

All you have to do is find a prospect, get the facts and send it to them. They'll find a right product from a right carrier for you. You get the app signed and send it to them. That's all there is. Contracting should be least of your concern.

All you have to do is find a prospect, get the facts and send it to them. They'll find a right product from a right carrier for you. You get the app signed and send it to them. That's all there is. Contracting should be least of your concern.

If this was simply mechanics, I think getting appointed should be the least of your concerns. Perhaps this was a miscommunication in that some carriers want licensing paperwork before an application is submitted, and others allow it to be submitted with an application.

There are numerous more important aspects than licensing. Now, if you are getting conflicting statements in other important discussions, well, that is an entirely different story. Maybe that is reflective and cause for other concerns. Good luck.

In most cases the State DOIs set the regulation of whether you must be appoimnted prior to submission of a piece of business. In PA it is a requirement to be appointed first. Check with your state's DOI.

I'm just getting into the DI game. Any suggestions for good STD and LTD DI carriers in addition to MGA's??
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
Let me be a little more specific on what DI market I'm looking for info on. I'm looking for suggestions for good STD and LTD DI carriers in addition to MGA's.

I'm looking to focus primarily on LTD and STD DI more for individual policies and small group. Already have some knowledge in the voluntary market, but am not looking to go after that market as a primary focus. Still would appreciate any info on that market as well.

Last edited:
Back