Recommend a Good Printer

Chazm

Guru
5000 Post Club
Orlando
My current printer has decided to take a dump I guess. It's about 8 years old, a Lexmark X7350. It worked fine for me, I only do light printing for Scopes, Apps, medicare review (2 sided paper) etc.

I ended up finding the NEAT scanner from these forums and I LOVE it so I figured I'd ask you guys which printer I should get.

I don't have many wants but I want it to be wireless. GO

My current printer has decided to take a dump I guess. It's about 8 years old, a Lexmark X7350. It worked fine for me, I only do light printing for Scopes, Apps, medicare review (2 sided paper) etc.

I ended up finding the NEAT scanner from these forums and I LOVE it so I figured I'd ask you guys which printer I should get.

Definitely go to www.cobraink.com. I have the Epson WP-4530 and love it.

Rick

I got an HP wireless scanner/printer/copier at Walmart a few months ago. Works pretty good. I like that I can print from our phones or ipad. Model 3522. I think it was about $80. with the first set of ink catridges incl.

it was a bear to set up as wireless and snyc all the phones and ipad, {I had to get help}, but once set up we've had no problems.

I have had good results with Epson Artisan series. I currently have an 837. All in one. Good scanner software. 2 sided printing. Automatic document feeder.

I got an HP wireless scanner/printer/copier at Walmart a few months ago. Works pretty good. I like that I can print from our phones or ipad. Model 3522. I think it was about $80. with the first set of ink catridges incl.

it was a bear to set up as wireless and snyc all the phones and ipad, {I had to get help}, but once set up we've had no problems.

Is your ipad jail broken? Are you tech savy or was it really that hard to set up
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
Definitely go to www.cobraink.com. I have the Epson WP-4530 and love it.

Rick

Am I missing something? This Brother printer MFC-J5910DW is listed at $320 through the cobraink website and at amazon it's $171. What gives?

edit: ahh, seems they have some ink system set up to where you can fill your own ink cartridges. Is it worth it? 17oz bottle still cost you $26, how long will that last? Plus you have to pay double for the printer

Last edited:
edit: ahh, seems they have some ink system set up to where you can fill your own ink cartridges. Is it worth it? 17oz bottle still cost you $26, how long will that last? Plus you have to pay double for the printer

The 17oz bottle lasts damn near forever. I guess if you only use a printer occasionally then it's not a big deal. It's my main printer and really like it. I have yet to spend a nickel on ink and it's been about 18 months.

Rick

I have epson wp-4530 from Cobra Ink
I have yet to change the ink, and its been over a year.
I would recommend them for considertion.

You will save a ton of money on ink

Only down side the wp 4530 is a big desktop printer.

Last edited:
If you are going to use a CIS continuous ink system you have to be careful about what printer you choose.

Definitely go with an Epson. We have two Epson Workforces and an Artisan and all of them are setup wirelessly to the network and have compatible refillable cartridge systems. It costs about $80 per year for ink for our office, and we go through about 2 pints of ink a year. For a small office, it is a lot cheaper than toner cartridges, and we can print anything in color without worrying about having to replace a combo cartridge as all colors are separate and refillable. If (when) they dry out, you can just refill and re-prime them manually instead of throwing them out, and they don't have to be reset either like our old HP ones.
Just my opinion, but I hope it helps.:)

I have epson wp-4530 from Cobra Ink
I have yet to change the ink, and its been over a year.
I would recommend them for considertion.

You will save a ton of money on ink

Only down side the wp 4530 is a big desktop printer.

I've been looking at the website, but it's a little buggy. There's about 12 different printers but all the ones at the bottom don't work when you click them. It defaults to the Epson 4540

Back