Recommend Me a Printer!

iiinycboi

Guru
100+ Post Club
My canon d1150 is acting up and being slow in scanning. It get stuck mid way scan if i scan anything over 20 pages.

I want to replace it with a color printer because, i now have stationary and letter heads for the business. (and enough clients to send out bills each month).

Anyways, do you guys recommend multi function printers or get separate items? I need FAST scanning, since i scan everything now and i use scan and print everyday.

Some features that i need,

network scanning and printing.
AUTO duplex printing/scanning
color laser or jet is fine whichever is cheaper.
copy machine
double loading tray would be nice but not necessary (i started printing checks and want to just shove the checks into a loading tray)

anyone got any recommendations? Or if you got a color one and want to switch for a B&W one we can swap!

These are like low cost ink with great quality or these are office standards?

Maybe i can get a printer and a scanner separate? But then i need a copy machine too lol.
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
does anyone know if i get a color printer and print black it will only use black ink?

i had a printer that was color but when i print black it uses the color ink to make black! that was so expensive.
Hard to beat these direct ink systems .:: Cobra Ink Systems::. This is where the term CIS began. Just make sure you get the pigment ink. Ink is almost a non-expense you seem to use so little.

these are regular printers retrofitted with their ink?

how easy are these to add ink or replace cartridges?
Hard to beat these direct ink systems .:: Cobra Ink Systems::. This is where the term CIS began. Just make sure you get the pigment ink. Ink is almost a non-expense you seem to use so little.

these are regular printers retrofitted with their ink?

how easy are these to add ink or replace cartridges?

Last edited:
I use one of the multi-function models and it works great. I see no reason to have a separate scanner, etc. These are brand new printers that they install their direct ink systems on. Super easy to add ink into a small plastic reservoir for each color. You never replace a cartridge, the reservoirs are connected to the print head directly. Take a look through the site, it gives you a very detailed explanation along with photos.

How many of you have used this and like it. DHK, is this the system you talked about?

Epson makes great printers... unlike Samsung (oh wait, different thread, different forum!).

If you buy one with a CIS of some kind, make sure you clean the print heads and jets on a regular basis of some kind. I neglected this and I no longer have my Epson Workforce 610.

If I were to buy a new Epson printer today, it would be this one:
EPSON WorkForce Pro WP-4540 All-in-One Printer - Product Information - Epson America, Inc.

Cost effective manufacturer's ink
2-sided ADF scanning
2 paper trays

All in all, probably one of the best inkjet printers out there for professional use.

The only way I can see that you can "step up" from that is with Xerox's free color printers using that other kind of ink... or buying a laser printer.

My canon d1150 is acting up and being slow in scanning. It get stuck mid way scan if i scan anything over 20 pages.

I want to replace it with a color printer because, i now have stationary and letter heads for the business. (and enough clients to send out bills each month).

Anyways, do you guys recommend multi function printers or get separate items? I need FAST scanning, since i scan everything now and i use scan and print everyday.

Some features that i need,

network scanning and printing.
AUTO duplex printing/scanning
color laser or jet is fine whichever is cheaper.
copy machine
double loading tray would be nice but not necessary (i started printing checks and want to just shove the checks into a loading tray)

anyone got any recommendations? Or if you got a color one and want to switch for a B&W one we can swap!

I just got the HP office jet 8600 Pro Plus. The scanning is a bit slow but other than that its pretty good.

I swore I'd never buy another HP because of their refusal to support older models with Win 7 drivers, but the HP 8600 (comes in 2 versions) looks like a great low-cost option. The 8600 beats the Epson Workforce line in all the reviews I've read.

I like HP printers. I tried a Brother and a Samsung but I prefer HP. Ofcourse, I only use B&W lasers.

Back