Recommendation for disability ins - NYstate ??

SParker

Super Genius
Hi All,

The company I am with is downsizing so we no longer qualify for group disability insurance for the remaining employees in the firm.

I have my license in NY. Am thinking of writing myself a DI policy.

Any recommendations for good DI carriers out there? Also, what is the typical split with agents?

Would appreciate any advice on this.

Thanks !

BTW, sorry for posting here, the DI forum doesn't have a lot of traction...

Hi All,

The company I am with is downsizing so we no longer qualify for group disability insurance for the remaining employees in the firm.

I have my license in NY. Am thinking of writing myself a DI policy.

Any recommendations for good DI carriers out there? Also, what is the typical split with agents?

Would appreciate any advice on this.

Thanks !

BTW, sorry for posting here, the DI forum doesn't have a lot of traction...
You have a license but do you sell insurance for a living?

Guardian is very friendly to agents. Standard and Principal are also options but classing may depend on income/credentials.

There are several great DI carriers in NY but your situation may be very different than others and that will dictate your best option.

I have a few split secarios but the easiest is to split cases 50/50 with other licensed reps on referrals. They make the intro and I do the rest.

Guardian/Berkshire has the most favorable contract in the industry. Not the lowest premium, but the most favorable contract language, terms, conditions, etc. You do not need a Guardian agent. You can get licensed as a broker and write the case yourself. All the best!

Guardian/Berkshire has the most favorable contract in the industry. Not the lowest premium, but the most favorable contract language, terms, conditions, etc. You do not need a Guardian agent. You can get licensed as a broker and write the case yourself. All the best!

Thanks, will look into that, much appreciated!

Back