Recommendations for excellent customer service: Medicare supplement carriers

yorkriver1

Guru
1000 Post Club
Virginia
I have not had any notable issues with any of them. Perfection is pretty hard to expect, but am interested in any who stand out for excellence.

Speaking as a consumer, not an agent, In my first year on Medicare I found the flow of EOB's from Medico to be very timely in relation to claims and very helpful in clarifying the sometimes confusing nature of the Medicare MSN's.

My big complaint when I started was that I was unable to establish an online account with Medico so I could communicate with their customer service people by email so I had to go to my agent with questions. I understand that has since been corrected.

I have not had any notable issues with any of them. Perfection is pretty hard to expect, but am interested in any who stand out for excellence.
I personally have my Med Supp with Liberty Bankers, and I've been very happy with them. Everything's gone smoothly and I haven't had to call them. Haven't had any clients have any problems with them either. :)

My only complaint is that they don't pay the Part B deductible. I could have sworn that they did. I think my agent lied to me. :mad:

My only complaint is that they don't pay the Part B deductible. I could have sworn that they did. I think my agent lied to me.

Greensky?

Phyllis, when I get that question from prospective clients my response is they all pay claims in 3 to 5 business days. A few have trouble with the initial bank draft but from a service perspective they are pretty much equal.

Out of the roughly 50 carriers writing business in GA now I am appointed with about a dozen but only use half that amount routinely.

I also suggest they consider carriers that have been writing the G plan here for at least 5 years and flying the same flag during that time.

That eliminates all but a couple.

Longevity in the market is a bigger plus than who has the lowest rate. Compared to the under 65 health insurance market OM is a cake walk. I said that even before Obamacare really messed things up for U65

Speaking as a consumer, not an agent, In my first year on Medicare I found the flow of EOB's from Medico to be very timely in relation to claims and very helpful in clarifying the sometimes confusing nature of the Medicare MSN's.

My big complaint when I started was that I was unable to establish an online account with Medico so I could communicate with their customer service people by email so I had to go to my agent with questions. I understand that has since been corrected.

You should be going to your agent for questions. That's why they make the big bucks.

I tell them their customer service will depend 100% on who answers the phone that day - regardless of which carrier they pick.

Every carrier has people who really care - and have competence. Every carrier has a few bad apples.

You have High Deductible Plan F and you are calling your agent with questions??

Well, he and his agent had lengthy discussions about MSA during AEP. That poor agent had an opportunity to recoup *some* money.

Unfortunately, he still just has a hi-f client...

Back