Recommendations on when to Visit Vermont

secondcreek

Super Genius
100+ Post Club
I am having a very good run on production the past few months and would like to treat my wife with a 4 day trip to New England for the Fall foliage.

The Stowe, Vermont area has come higly recommended but there has not been a clear agreement on the best time to plan on visiting.

Are any of the regulars on here from the area?

Would the last full week of September safely fall into the peak color season?

Secondcreek,

Eureka Springs is a good vacation place in Arkansas. They have the Passion Play, the largest outdoor play in the world. Eureka Springs was settled by the Swiss, and there is a local ordinance that says evey home built there has to be built on a Swiss design. You know when you are getting close to it because you will see the Christ of the Ozarks ( Ozark Mountains, built to duplicate the Christ statue in Rio De Janiero ). On up north from there is Branson, Mo ( Silver Dollar City ) wonderful place for the kids. The Ozarks are also beautiful in the fall.

Last edited by a moderator:
I hear there this nice little inn that is quaint......

Last edited by a moderator:
I live in Rutland Vermont, but grew up in Morrisville which is a border town of Stowe. Every job I had growing up was in Stowe. End of Semtember is good, don't go past the second week of October and you'll be fine. It really depends from year to year but peak season is mid September to mid October. If you have any questions about Stowe feel free to ask.

I'd go in October, don't blame me if the recent weather freak-o-ness means foliage is over by August, though ;)

Stowe is nice, a little out of the way, but what isn't in Vermont?

Stowe is also close-ish to Burlington (in Vermont terms), if you want to go do that.

Last week of Sept or first week in Oct should be peak or close enough. Stowe is central enough that you can get out and see quite a bit. Enjoy.

The trick is to have motel or hotel reservations as where you are staying.Very hard to get a room by just showing up in leaf season.

Back