Recommended Age Range for LTC

JJ, you will buy it when the timing is right tor you, whatever age you are at the time.

Helpful advice: if you own a policy, you will write infinitely more policies for your clients than if you do not own a policy.

Don’t view LTC insurance as an action item for your clients.

View LTC planning more as a conversation to have with your clients. Business will flow naturally from conversations.

They also will buy when the timing is right for them to buy.

I said "action" to explain it in the post, but obviously I don't say it like that to a client. That wouldn't work too well.

I do the risk assessment and then talk about the risks. And I lead the conversation eventually towards the solution (LTC insurance, etc.). I also pre-educate them if I can. Like a retirement 101 tutorial.

I want the client to understand why they should implement the solution. That's the best way to get a client. And it's just best for them too. And then you help them move forward and take care of the details.

JJ, you will buy it when the timing is right tor you, whatever age you are at the time.

Helpful advice: if you own a policy, you will write infinitely more policies for your clients than if you do not own a policy.

I have heard this before.

I have been considering doing so, especially now if I start dealing with younger clients.

I used to sell quite a bit of LTCI 15 years ago before I got into Medicare plans, and I always brought it up to people in their 50's through 70's, but I had a few clients in their 30's and 40's. Why they chose to buy was a family history of LTC and they were afraid of waiting until they were uninsurable to apply. I think that's a wise thing to consider because if they wait until that perfect age then they might just be on oxygen when it's time to apply.

Back