Recommended Books for Newbs

applecali

Howdy. I couldn't find a thread for this, so I apologize if there is already one.

Does anyone have any good books about insurance they would recommend?

I am looking to gain more knowledge about the products (P&C), not necessarily a motivational or sales book.

Cheers,
Mr. Apple

Howdy. I couldn't find a thread for this, so I apologize if there is already one.

Does anyone have any good books about insurance they would recommend?

I am looking to gain more knowledge about the products (P&C), not necessarily a motivational or sales book.

Cheers,
Mr. Apple

Try going for the AINS designation with The Institutes. It's there for insurance coverage training for P&C. Then you graduate to the AAI from there. Also look at getting your CIC (not with The Institutes, but with The National Alliance). All of these teach about coverages and a little bit about management as well. CIC is good but high-paced 3 days a course while the AINS is self-study.

The CLCS and PCLS aren't bad either, and they give you multiple books for the price.

If you are totally new, I would to this: AINS then for CIC and then if you want the AAI or CLCS or PCLS, go for it; you would know your weaknesses and such by then and what would benefit you the most. Ask people around during the CIC courses and they can also steer you in the right direction. However, after the AINS and CIC you should be all set to go for knowledge, in my opinion.

Last edited:
Back