Recruited to Sell MA to Folks with Medi-CAL???

I'm in California and am being recruited by an agency to sell their Med Adv products to "special needs" prospects, which they define as folks who are Medicare and Medi-CAL eligible (Medi-Cal is the state/fed funded health plan for low income folks in CA.)

My question is, why would someone who is on Medi-CAL need additional coverage? Doesn't the state pick up the tab? Thanks in advance for your help.

Duh...because they get a free pen and a refrigerator magnet and it keeps you off the corner panhandling for spare change!

Get in touch with Rick (Greensky) he is in CA and does some medi/medi cases. I am sure he would have some information on the market.

Get in touch with Rick (Greensky) he is in CA and does some medi/medi cases. I am sure he would have some information on the market.
He has said a few times its hard to find a reason for them switch. I recall it was a county by county issue, but yeah he would be the one to give you the skinny on this.

He has said a few times its hard to find a reason for them switch. I recall it was a county by county issue, but yeah he would be the one to give you the skinny on this.

I have a hard time believing that you understand what you're talking about, or are even repeating Rick correctly.

It does depend by county, but generally the duals can get additional benefits at no cost to them and that is the incentive to switch.

The carrier or agency recruiting should be able to answer that question.

I've sold dual plans in CA very successfully for years and indeed it depends on the county. CA dropped dental and vision for adults on Medi-Cal almost 2 years ago and people panicked. In fact, I still get requests for people who don't know what to do about dental, vision, transportation, etc.

As an example, there is a plan in LA and OC that includes 10,000 of comprehensive dental at no cost for duals. If the prospect is already with a contracted medical group it becomes a win-win situation.

The good and the bad is a year 'round SEP. It is great I can enroll for 12 months, but it also means they can disenroll.

Contact me if you'd like to discuss the opportunity, or maybe even the lack of one.

Rick

Last edited:
I have a hard time believing that you understand what you're talking about, or are even repeating Rick correctly.

It does depend by county, but generally the duals can get additional benefits at no cost to them and that is the incentive to switch.

The carrier or agency recruiting should be able to answer that question.
Ok @sswipe,
Rick just confirmed what I said. You can apologize now.

SNP's can be wonderful for the clients. I wish we had a good one here. I would still be working that part of the MA market if there was a true SNP available.

Plus you get paid for enrolling and there is no downside. As Rick said, they have a continuous SEP, so if it's not working properly, they can get out of it.

You just have to know the plans, the providers and the market. Understanding that makes it a piece of cake.

Back