Recruiting Agents and Their Persistency

wehotex

Guru
1000 Post Club
Houston, Tex
I think that I could be a good trainer, "think" is the operative word here. I'm curious how difficult is it to recruit? And once they're contracted, how consistent would they be in MA production? I have a friend who has 5 recruitments. Out of the 5, 2 of them are solid producers, 2 are middle of the road and 1 "once in a while". The 2 that are solid producers have outgoing personalities and likable. The most productive one quit his "day job". He had been a longtime friend of the recruiter. The 2nd top producer is the ex-girlfriend of the top producer. My friend had to talk both of them into it, as he did with all of them. My friend is extremely talented, honest, hard working and friendly; a far cry from the manipulative thieving, two-faced bitches in San Antonio.
When trying to recruit, what sort of objections come up? Pro-rated commissions? Chargebacks? Taking the insurance exam? How many fall out after they've completed the exams, certifications? Do they produce during the year or only at AEP? how do you keep them engaged?

Well. I wouldn't recruit any women with that attitude.

What are you trying to accomplish?

LOL. When I say "bitches", I'm referring to one of ANY sex. Have you never seen a Breaking Bad episode? And San Antonio def has em. I want to train and give them the leads that I don't feel like running to hopefully keep them engaged. Get myself out of the business in the direct capacity that I'm in now.

LOL. When I say "bitches", I'm referring to one of ANY sex. Have you never seen a Breaking Bad episode? And San Antonio def has em. I want to train and give them the leads that I don't feel like running to hopefully keep them engaged. Get myself out of the business in the direct capacity that I'm in now.

Nope. I'm a Downton Abbey gal :)

So you want to be a GA? I think that's a great path if you have temperament to recruit, train and mentor. I would rather stick needles in my eye.

Get some people already licensed, who need activity. Figure out a reasonable spilt and/or lead cost. And an exit strategy. 90% of the agents will be gone in 3 years. What happens to the policies when they quit?

Recruiting is a piece of cake, especially if you are willing to give top level contracts to anyone that calls you shopping for the highest commission.

Some people are "born" trainers, others think they can train and end up playing in a rock band. Good trainers that understand the street are hard to come by.

The recruiting game is a numbers game. On average 20% (or less) of your recruits will generate the bulk of your business. The more they produce the more they want and expect (and they should). These "aces" are also recruited by your competition, especially if they want to train and recruit too.

The remaining 80% or so will write less than 10 apps a year and whine because you are not paying them enough or your leads suck.

If you have a niche market with a unique product and can train (or find) enough people to sell it for you there is still some money to be made. But eventually those markets either collapse or everyone else rushes in to grab the gold. If you are lucky you can get a 5 - 8 year run before you have to find a new gig.

Recruiters are constantly replacing people that lose and always on the hunt for new products with higher margins.

----------

One more thing.

No way in the world would I ever get involved with sub-agents where CMS is directly involved.

Doesn't CMS limit how much a GA can pay? I'm finding out that CMS allows more marketing for GAs and up (the two-faced shits) than a simple agent schmuck trying to help people.

Back