Referral Fees - MAPD Plans

sodaytongal

Expert
Hello,
I've been captive and have about $400 in renewal fees that I need to assign to another agent. Is any type of referral fee legal? Thanks

If you are captive, I doubt it. Call the company
Even if you are not captive I'm not sure most companies would change the AOR for MA plans

If you are captive, I doubt it. Call the company
Even if you are not captive I'm not sure most companies would change the AOR for MA plans

I'm captive now . . this was a book that has dwindled down over the past few years. I need to give it to someone else. I have checked with the carrier and I can assign renewal commissions to another agent. Instead of just giving someone $400 in renewals, I was wanting to know if there is anything legal I can do here. I doubt they would buy this book from me and I don't even know if that's legal. Just wanted to know if I had any choices other than giving it back to the carrier or just giving it away. THANKS.

Most captive situations do not preclude you from receiving renewal comm's from previously sold products and clients. You may wish to check into this further, and if not, then re-evaluate your situation.

Back