Referral in Florida

HM-agent

Expert
I'm not new here, but just haven't posted. I'm a Healthmarkets agent in Mass. Yes, I know that makes me the anti-christ in the eyes of most agents, but in a guarantee issue state with outrageous premiums, there is a true need for our products. Average premium for a family up here starts at 800ish and gets as high as 2K.

Anyway, I have a friend in the Tampa area that needs coverage. PM me if you are in that area.

I don't work the FL market, but I'd like to know if you guys plan on introducing any new plans. I heard that HealthMarkets is/was (????) coming out with a Medical Supp plan, but I haven't seen the specifics yet.

I appreciate the feedback. Do you know what the commission levels are for independent agents up in Mass?

next to nothing. Avg broker makes between 10-18 per month per policy. The individual market doesn't exist xcept for Mega/MW. Individuals that buy a policy from the HMOs usually buy them direct.

I'm not new here, but just haven't posted. I'm a Healthmarkets agent in Mass. Yes, I know that makes me the anti-christ in the eyes of most agents, but in a guarantee issue state with outrageous premiums, there is a true need for our products. Average premium for a family up here starts at 800ish and gets as high as 2K.

Anyway, I have a friend in the Tampa area that needs coverage. PM me if you are in that area.
If it's still available, drop me a PM.

Yet the Mass attorney general is suing Healthmarkets:

Limited health policies vex some buyers - USATODAY.com

Old news. Funny that the Mass DOI keeps approving plans and programs that the AG doesn't like.

Actually, when the new bill goes into effect none of the Mega plans will be DOI compliant in Mass. And it's not the plans the AG doesn't like - it's Mega not paying state mandated benefits and agents deceiving clients.

Back