Referral Program to Generate Leads?

cnckck58

Is this a good idea? If someone refers someone to me and gets a policy I would pay the a referral fee. This is only if the person gets a policy.

Is this a good idea? If someone refers someone to me and gets a policy I would pay the a referral fee. This is only if the person gets a policy.

If the person only gets a policy that's considered rebating in most states..

You can do a referral fee regardless if they go with the policy or not but you should check with you DOI first.

I have an associate that runs a monthly drawing for gift cards. Instead of offering individual compensation for every referral, he puts the clients name, In a drawing, one entry for every legitimate lead/referral. At the end of the month he draws a couple names and gives out the gift cards. That way he's not individually compensating them but giving them the opportunity to be compensated.

I have an associate that runs a monthly drawing for gift cards. Instead of offering individual compensation for every referral, he puts the clients name, In a drawing, one entry for every legitimate lead/referral. At the end of the month he draws a couple names and gives out the gift cards. That way he's not individually compensating them but giving them the opportunity to be compensated.

This is what I would do....

Thank you for the input. I think I will try that.
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
If the person only gets a policy that's considered rebating in most states..

You can do a referral fee regardless if they go with the policy or not but you should check with you DOI first.

Thanks for the input. I don't want to do anything illegal or inappropriate.

Last edited:
Back