Referral Suggestions

maxreferrals

Expert
USA
So, do people prefer to be asked for referrals or not? And is asking for referrals the proper way to go about getting more client referrals?

To answer this question, we need to look at another question. Many marketers debate whether people prefer to be educated or sold. Basically if a prospect need to learn more about the product or service, they reason, then educational materials should be made available. This could happen when the product or service is brand new and needs explaining to the general public. Or it could be when the products or services are high-tech in nature or require specific knowledge before using by the average buyer.

But what about when it comes to word of mouth referrals and the notion of asking for referrals?

• Clearly, it is easier to take advantage of expanding the network you already have than adding completely new clients. Cold canvassing is hard work and doesn't always yield results.
  • Your current business is actually a web of relationships with unlimited possibilities to connect with the people your clients know. To reach these important relationships, you need to pursue them.
  • It is essential to change the way you think when it comes to referrals. There is nothing pushy about asking for referrals and it's a natural part of doing business that people expect. Remember, they don't know how busy you are and whether you want referrals unless you are actively asking for referrals.
  • They key to asking for referrals is to make it a habit. Referrals are one of the most powerful sales tools you have so don't minimize their relevancy because you feel it's a “dirty deed” to start asking for referrals.
When you make asking for referrals a part of your everyday routine, it will become easier and easier. As your network begins to effortlessly grow based on positive word of mouth, asking for referrals will become second nature.

Ok guys (and gals).... I love Network marketing.... but this "attraction marketing thing" has gone too far in forums such as this......

I suspect....... that THIS POST IS A MASK FOR "Send-Out Cards"........ which is, I suppose a fine organization, but I just hate it when yahoo's try to "trick you" into a topic of conversation that is really just a shallow front for something else.

You want to talk about referrals, let's talk.... can the viral marketing.

Back